• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Levien Out

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 3,805

Risc

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/stujames75/status/1650138665631268869?s=46&t=p94KZqA33SfSPKkithZEfA

We desperately need him away from the club, he’s caused big problems from the minute he walked in. He is a problem in every transfer window and every negotiation we have

IAN05 said:
We desperately need him away from the club, he’s caused big problems from the minute he walked in. He is a problem in every transfer window and every negotiation we have

I’ve said on here a few times, and I have no problem repeating it, I worry, big time, if he’s still here in any capacity next season.

His first decision will be to accept 5m for Piroe or something stupid like that, he's got previous for it

Skippyjack said:
His first decision will be to accept 5m for Piroe or something stupid like that, he's got previous for it

What do you think the correct approach is here, Skip? Keep him and lose him in a year or cash in for what we can get in the summer, and what is this figure (assumes he doesn’t sign a contract extension)?

If we sell him I cannot see us getting much above the figure that you quote.

Cooperman said:
What do you think the correct approach is here, Skip? Keep him and lose him in a year or cash in for what we can get in the summer, and what is this figure (assumes he doesn’t sign a contract extension)?

we could cash in like you suggest but then what, do you really think we could get another striker of piroes quality for £5m (thats if we were to even spend it all), or we could keep him and try and get into the premier league next year which would be worth a lot more than £5m.
so in the grand scheme of things it wouldnt be that big a loss if he were to leave on a free (ofc he might want to stay if we did get promotion).
and before you say it yes we might not win promotion and then wed lose piroe and £5m, but at some point we are going to have to take a gamble if we are ever going to get promotion, because i cant see us ever doing it if we meekly sell our best players players, and replace them with inferior ones which is what we have been doing.

Cooperman said:

Can't see JP signing a contract extension to be honest, he'll probably want away at the end of the season for a crack at the Premier league...

The last two strikers we signed for £1-2m a piece turned out pretty decent. Paying £5m for a lottery ticket next season doesn't sound like a sensible investment by comparison.

Could have had Gyökeres for around a million from Brighton as well.
The players are out there if the scouting is good enough.

If we’d spent a million on Gyokeres after his spell here most supporters would have had a hissy fit.

Swanjaxs said:
Can't see JP signing a contract extension to be honest, he'll probably want away at the end of the season for a crack at the Premier league...

Me neither. However that almost certainly means sell, what’s a fair price here?

SomeRandomJack said:
we could cash in like you suggest but then what, do you really think we could get another striker of piroes quality for £5m (thats if we were to even spend it all), or we could keep him and try and get into the premier league next year which would be worth a lot more than £5m.
so in the grand scheme of things it wouldnt be that big a loss if he were to leave on a free (ofc he might want to stay if we did get promotion).
and before you say it yes we might not win promotion and then wed lose piroe and £5m, but at some point we are going to have to take a gamble if we are ever going to get promotion, because i cant see us ever doing it if we meekly sell our best players players, and replace them with inferior ones which is what we have been doing.

These Piroe type talents are out there. We need the recruitment team to be on the ball, much easier than it sounds of course. For every good find there are many that fail. Our club model is built upon the buy low / sell high approach.

Our model should primarily be based on academy players getting first team action and being sold on for good money. Instead we often loan other teams’ promising players and develop them and many of them aren’t up to much. More like Joe Allen, Ben Davies, Joe Rodon, Connor Roberts etc. As soon as they break into the first team we should offer them contact triggers based on appearances so that they can’t run down their contracts easily.

J_B said:
If we’d spent a million on Gyokeres after his spell here most supporters would have had a hissy fit.
Cooper didn't give him many opportunities , he hardly started a game from memory.
Coventry had him on loan for the second half of the season & obviously saw the potential that Cooper didn't- signed him for a million & gave him a 3 year contract.

Manselton Jack said:
Cooper didn't give him many opportunities , he hardly started a game from memory.
Coventry had him on loan for the second half of the season & obviously saw the potential that Cooper didn't- signed him for a million & gave him a 3 year contract.

It's exactly the same scenario as Martin not playing Oxo-Flex! One manager gets an hammering for it and another just gets a oh well.........one of those players has gone on to score regularly and is now being monitored by prem clubs.
It's astounding what's going on, the split in fans since Cooper left and Martin came in is head scratching.

On subject to the OP, clearly something has really stoked James to make an outburst like this and he has probably only scratched the surface of it with that tweet.........hopefully he has the courage to really dig a few layers and put more out there.

James has always been mainly impartial with the Swans and will state now and again a few things that people won't like, this is a new level for him and he might find himself being hounded back into place because people will feel challenged and they don't want the truth to come out especially if it makes them look bad.

Personally, I applaud his bravery and it's a step in the right direction with someone who has a voice that can be listened too a bit more than on these forums as an example........he needs to be encouraged if we want the truth to be told and more importantly heard.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back