• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Levien Out

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 3,805
magicdaps10 said:
It's exactly the same scenario as Martin not playing Oxo-Flex! One manager gets an hammering for it and another just gets a oh well.........one of those players has gone on to score regularly and is now being monitored by prem clubs.
It's astounding what's going on, the split in fans since Cooper left and Martin came in is head scratching.

On subject to the OP, clearly something has really stoked James to make an outburst like this and he has probably only scratched the surface of it with that tweet.........hopefully he has the courage to really dig a few layers and put more out there.

James has always been mainly impartial with the Swans and will state now and again a few things that people won't like, this is a new level for him and he might find himself being hounded back into place because people will feel challenged and they don't want the truth to come out especially if it makes them look bad.

Personally, I applaud his bravery and it's a step in the right direction with someone who has a voice that can be listened too a bit more than on these forums as an example........he needs to be encouraged if we want the truth to be told and more importantly heard.

In his words to our Darran

"he's had enough of the bullsh*t"

magicdaps10 said:
It's exactly the same scenario as Martin not playing Oxo-Flex! One manager gets an hammering for it and another just gets a oh well.........one of those players has gone on to score regularly and is now being monitored by prem clubs.
It's astounding what's going on, the split in fans since Cooper left and Martin came in is head scratching.

To be fair, Cooper had us in a promotion battle when he wasn't playing Gyokeres and as others have said, nothing he showed in his limited opportunities suggested he deserved to play ahead of Ayew or Lowe.

Martin would only give Oko-Flex limited chances while we were mostly playing badly and his pace would always seem to give us a spark, even if the end product was obviously lacking. Bit like Barrow used to be for us.

When things are going well, no-one is crying out for other players to be given a chance, but when results and performances are poor, clearly people are going to be looking for other players who could come in to the team.

JackSomething said:
To be fair, Cooper had us in a promotion battle when he wasn't playing Gyokeres and as others have said, nothing he showed in his limited opportunities suggested he deserved to play ahead of Ayew or Lowe.

We were flying high but Lowe only scored 1 goal between Gyokeres' arrival at the beginning of October and mid-December (then he scored 6 in 6 games before Gyokeres was recalled). Cooper spent most of January complaining in press conferences that he needed an out and out striker to add to the squad. Perhaps Gyokeres wasn't quite ready but Coventry's faith and/or patience has been rewarded.

jasper_T said:
We were flying high but Lowe only scored 1 goal between Gyokeres' arrival at the beginning of October and mid-December (then he scored 6 in 6 games before Gyokeres was recalled). Cooper spent most of January complaining in press conferences that he needed an out and out striker to add to the squad. Perhaps Gyokeres wasn't quite ready but Coventry's faith and/or patience has been rewarded.

Absolutely it has, but that faith couldn't have been afforded by a team challenging at the top of the table, especially considering his performances when he did get minutes.

He was pretty poor for Coventry that second half of season too after being recalled. But they saw something I'm him fair play.

Chief said:
Absolutely it has, but that faith couldn't have been afforded by a team challenging at the top of the table, especially considering his performances when he did get minutes.

He was pretty poor for Coventry that second half of season too after being recalled. But they saw something I'm him fair play.
I didn't see him at Cov but there's no way he was poor because they paid a fee for him (which they don't often do) & gave him a 3 year contract.

Manselton Jack said:
I didn't see him at Cov but there's no way he was poor because they paid a fee for him (which they don't often do) & gave him a 3 year contract.

Well 3 starts that season for them tells its own story as well as spending the whole month of March on the bench with zero minutes.

As I say fair play to them, but what possessed them to spend that on a bit part player I don't know.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back