• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Listening to the Swans on the radio outside the immediate vicinity of Swansea

Cinio Dydd Sul

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Bbc radio wales had the scum on a few weeks back when I was in Pembrokeshire on a Saturday.

Is there an alternative frequency that our commentary would be on or something?

FM in the locality
MW - Radio Wales is only on one frequency (882)

Internet radio generally blocks match commentary & I have no idea on DAB.

If someone in the FM area is able to re-broadcast it, via internet is the best option, or if you have IPTV that covers radio stations that might do it.

I live in Tonyrefail, Rhondda and it's mainly live coverage of the scum games. I get that Cardiff are nearer but I know of lots of Jacks in the Rhondda and have complained to Radio Wales, asking them for a choice. For example , Cardiff on FM throughout Wales, Swans on MW all over Wales, Newport on DAB and possibly Wrexham online, or something similar. I never received a response to the email I sent...

Blackpooljack said:
Anyone remember paltalk listened to many Swans games this way back in the day.

Paltalk was my Swans lifeline when I first moved over here.

A great group of people to chat with. No nastiness and usually good music at halftime
😀😀

Blackpooljack said:

yep lived in Essex was only way listen full match back day when iptv wasn't a thing and we was in championship so very few televised games

I used to be able to listen Radio Wales on AM all the way down to London back in the day. Used to lose it around the M4/M25 junction.

Blackpooljack said:

Oh yes 😀
If we scored, you could hear the guy who broadcast it, celebrating 🤣. Great stuff
A very belated thanks to whoever used to set that up 👍

Libertarian said:
Blackpooljack said:

Oh yes 😀
If we scored, you could hear the guy who broadcast it, celebrating 🤣. Great stuff

That would be me, I was living in Brynmill when I started doing paltalk as I had NTL broadband so pretty good upload speed :lol:

Polskijack said:
Blackpooljack said:

A great group of people to chat with. No nastiness and usually good music at halftime
😀😀

No nastiness!?! I remember a user called Tommy ten knives or something like that threatening to slice me up bad during one match!

I remember flicking through the coms and there was one guy who used to do a Scottish old 2nd Div match East Fife or some such who was actually there doing the com of the game in the stand and briadcasting it, dial-up internet oh happy days.

Jackfath said:
Polskijack said:

😀😀

No nastiness!?! I remember a user called Tommy ten knives or something like that threatening to slice me up bad during one match!
I've probably got my rose tinted glasses on about "the good old days" 😁

Clydachjack said:
Libertarian said:
Oh yes 😀

That would be me, I was living in Brynmill when I started doing paltalk as I had NTL broadband so pretty good upload speed :lol:

Do you remember that guy Marcus who pulled his old boy out and had a tug? :eek:

Clydachjack said:
Libertarian said:
Oh yes 😀

Very fond memories. Thanks once again.
And you tell he kids today, how we used to listen to games back then……

Polskijack said:
Jackfath said:
I've probably got my rose tinted glasses on about "the good old days" 😁

I know a couple of would take over and broadcast what we could on some days. One day I had the webcam and my wife had come back from an afternoon shift at half time and started to get undressed - that was a very quick shut off.
Paul used to put some of his favourite music on :)

On the other topic I get annoyed with Radio Wales and how they split the areas. Cardiff seem to be on everywhere apart from Swansea area. The Cardiff game is still on as I drive on the M4 at Port Talbot. I have been in Cardigan and Pembrokeshire and no Swansea game but Cardiff on. I work a lot of Saturdays at the moment and since Swansea sound have stopped coverage I an relying on being in a West area that RW define as West for Swansea. Absolute joke

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back