• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Louis Rees-Zammit 'agrees deal with Kansas City Chiefs' ...

I'm fairly certain there used to be an American football team in Swansea a few years ago.

He needs to put on his red trainers, click his heels together 3 times and come home.

Article says the Chiefs already have an IPP player. IT could be all over, at least in Kansas.
Do we know if he can be classed as an IPP player by another team if they claim him off the waiver wire, or will he just be one of their 16 practice squad players?

If it's the latter, he may well be left without a team. He can hope someone will sign him later in the season after injuries start to mount, but teams generally want to sign veterans with experience at that point.

I know the 49ers had to cut some players who they will be hoping clear waivers, but they are one of the better teams in the league. So are the Chiefs, so can't imagine he'll beat out 16 other players to be on their practice squad. Perhaps a weaker team will pick him up and hope he progresses quickly.

Do we know if he can be classed as an IPP player by another team if they claim him off the waiver wire, or will he just be one of their 16 practice squad players?

If it's the latter, he may well be left without a team. He can hope someone will sign him later in the season after injuries start to mount, but teams generally want to sign veterans with experience at that point.

I know the 49ers had to cut some players who they will be hoping clear waivers, but they are one of the better teams in the league. So are the Chiefs, so can't imagine he'll beat out 16 other players to be on their practice squad. Perhaps a weaker team will pick him up and hope he progresses quickly.
I dont see that he has anything that will buck the trend of a decade of these situation, yes hes talented and athletic but so are all 10000 college players who have been playing the game since they were 7. IPP Is a ploy by the NFL to foster further foreign interest in the game, like all the overseas games.
Zammit will not make it.

I dont see that he has anything that will buck the trend of a decade of these situation, yes hes talented and athletic but so are all 10000 college players who have been playing the game since they were 7. IPP Is a ploy by the NFL to foster further foreign interest in the game, like all the overseas games.
Zammit will not make it.
The odds are against him I agree.

No mention whether it would be to the 53 man roster or practice squad, although practice squad seems most likely.

Jaguars play twice in London this season, so suspicion would be this is more a publicity stunt than anything else.
With the owners of the Jaguars being who they are, he'll at least have other options and could be playing football for Fulham or Wrestling in AEW within a year

He can be called up 3 times from the practice squad. I doubt you'd get good odds if you bet on him being called up for the 2 games in London...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back