• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin BLAMES players after another horror show – but takes none himself

• Thread starter A4Jack
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 1,398

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Russell Martin was an angry man after seeing his Swansea team knocked out by League One Oxford United tonight and aimed the blame at his players for failing to see out the game. He pointed to the substitutions being the key turning point at 2-0 up with the wholesale changes clearly affecting the fluidity...

Read more

If the players are to blame then put it right. You’re the manager, so put it right. End of

He blames the experienced lads for not helping the youngsters see the game through.

So who Allen, Ntcham?
Not much experience left on the pitch

3swan said:
He blames the experienced lads for not helping the youngsters see the game through.

So who Allen, Ntcham?
Not much experience left on the pitch

"Welcome to the club Joe, thanks for throwing us the game"

He's really ingratiating himself to the players fair do's.

He also keeps saying he doesn't get carried away with wins or defeats.

So he's either feeling the pressure, or just can't understand why all the 'detail' isn't working.

After 50 odd years of playing and watching football, how am I only just learning that it's the players who decide tactics and substitutions not the manager?

Ah well.
Everyday is an education.
Live and learn Dew.

Dewi1jack said:
After 50 odd years of playing and watching football, how am I only just learning that it's the players who decide tactics and substitutions not the manager?

Ah well.
Everyday is an education.
Live and learn Dew.

TBF it looked like the substitutes were meeting each other for the first time, maybe the manager hadn't spoken to them yet. :lol:

Russell Martin believes there is no added pressure on Swansea City's clash with Blackpool following his side's Carabao Cup defeat to Oxford United.

We're three games in. Not really. Maybe from outside, but not us," he said when asked if there is more pressure on the Blackpool contest. "The most important game this week was tonight. People will say you contradicted that by the people you left at home, but we have to have the bigger picture in sight, there's a game on Saturday. Grimesy [Matt Grimes] has been relentless, Naughts [Kyle Naughton] is 33, a six-hour bus journey, would he have benefitted from playing tonight? We would have benefitted from having him on the pitch.

"Michael [Obafemi] and Joel [Piroe] play in positions where a lot of high intensity and a lot of sprint distance is required, so we're trying to keep a few players fresh and ready for the weekend.

"It's been a frustrating start, but there's been loads of positive signs. We created more than Rotherham, we created more than Blackburn and we created much more than Oxford tonight, and we don't win any of them. We have to believe that will turn if we keep doing the right things. So there's no pressure in terms of that, I just want to win a game of football."

I watched the Twitter video again last night. Play with "detail". What a d*ckhead.

3swan said:
He also keeps saying he doesn't get carried away with wins or defeats.

So he's either feeling the pressure, or just can't understand why all the 'detail' isn't working.

Wouldn't it be lovely to have the chance to get carried away with a win?

legoman said:
I watched the Twitter video again last night. Play with "detail". What a d*ckhead.

I have watched it so many times. It's comedy gold.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back