• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin delight after Sunderland but signings STILL far away

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Russell Martin says that new signings are further away now than they were a week ago following the 3-1 win at Sunderland on Saturday. His team won at the Stadium of Light thanks to goals from Joel Piroe, Liam Cullen and Ollie Cooper after Luke O’Nien saw red within the first twenty minutes. The win...

Read more

So as time has gone on in the window, we are further away from signings than we were a week ago? I really am shocked 🙄

FelindreJack said:
So as time has gone on in the window, we are further away from signings than we were a week ago? I really am shocked 🙄

I read into that we are in no rush to sign anyone.
Players leaving have not been involved recently.
Russ if we sign someone will you play him?
Answer Perhaps. :?:

Seems we’re holding for Ogbene, he hasn’t moved anywhere so I’d imagine seeing him through the door by Saturday once Pato and Obafemis exits are confirmed.

FelindreJack said:

It'll be the same as always with us, nowt done till mid afternoon on deadline day, it's the way we work, and not just under Martin but for as far back as I can remember...

CurtessECarr said:
I read into that we are in no rush to sign anyone.
Players leaving have not been involved recently.
Russ if we sign someone will you play him?
Answer Perhaps. :?:

Perhaps if we sign players that martin actually want then that might be a start instead of players, especially loans, who are forced on him.

Fireboy said:
Perhaps if we sign players that martin actually want then that might be a start instead of players, especially loans, who are forced on him.
Exactly the point. Do we know for a fact he didn't request any of the loans?
Has Martin actually stated he wants Ogbene?
It's difficult to know who he has requested as managers don't tend to make it public who they want as they tend to state he's not our player and won't talk about it.
Does Martin go to other games with scouts to check out players he may be interested in?
I don't know any of the above.
Others on here may do.

Swansea93 said:
Seems we’re holding for Ogbene, he hasn’t moved anywhere so I’d imagine seeing him through the door by Saturday once Pato and Obafemis exits are confirmed.

I think Martin's quote was regarding Ogbene, he was kept out of Rotherham squad a week back, now back in it in starting XI this week. Rotherham may not be in the mood to wait around.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back