• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin

RWPower10

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Just parking the owners and the transfer window issue aside, on the pitch that’s 2 wins in 15 in all completion since October 23rd. The defending is not improving those Birmingham goals were absurdly poor. With that record and going public about the owners is Martin close to the sack?

They won't want to pay him off. I expect his agent is boosting his PR profile. Expect another article about how he's reinvented football soon. Tough to run on a consistent record of 15th or so, but he'll try.

Cam Tosh is a free agent today if they fancy another cheap as chips spin of the tombola.

He's out of contract in 18 months time. I can't see either party agreeing to extend that. Where does that leave us this summer?

ARQS said:
He's out of contract in 18 months time. I can't see either party agreeing to extend that. Where does that leave us this summer?

Down the beach with a Joe's

monmouth said:
Cam Tosh is a free agent today if they fancy another cheap as chips spin of the tombola.

I was just thinking that the board might see this as an ideal opportunity to let go of Martin/mutual consent.

bakajack said:
I was just thinking that the board might see this as an ideal opportunity to let go of Martin/mutual consent.

I think that's the way it's going to go.

Martin can still PR his way out of this one, can't he? "Just outside the playoffs", "frustration with the January window", "usual identity/stats nonsense" and he walks back into a nice new job fairly quickly.

Give it until next September/October and given the likely loss of a couple of key first teamers this summer and the terrible record of whoever in bringing players in, you suspect there is strong chance that he'll be given the shove with us in a pretty poor position and having finished this season pretty weakly too. He'll be doing well to spin his way out of that.

With Sheff Utd coming this weekend. You can confidently make that 2 in 16.
They may see this season out with him and sound someone out for next season.

CurtessECarr said:
With Sheff Utd coming this weekend. You can confidently make that 2 in 16.
They may see this season out with him and sound someone out for next season.

That be a massive risk should season tickets not be renewed as they hope. Get rid now and maybe just maybe they can win some supporters back, and renewals will pick up.

The season is done.

Sacking him now does nothing but neither does keeping him. Honestly they may aswell hust hang tight until someone decent becomes available toward the tail end of the season.

monmouth said:

Yes, I assume he’s gone with Marsch so he’s probably the only option within the budget.

JustJack said:
The season is done.

Sacking him now does nothing but neither does keeping him. Honestly they may aswell hust hang tight until someone decent becomes available toward the tail end of the season.

I don't think the season's done. I think we're in real danger of being involved in the relegation fight by March.

Pegojack said:
I don't think the season's done. I think we're in real danger of being involved in the relegation fight by March.

I think thats unlikely myself, we are 12 clear of the relegation zone and they are progressing at roughly 1 point a game.

If we really did s**t the bed in that aspect then we still wouldn't be in danger of dropping into the relegation zone until Mid April.

I've always said, you can be a dire team for 7 months and still stay in this league, I think we've got enough to win 3 games between now and May.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back