• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Messing About At The Back

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 1,726
I do like that podcast. Ian Wright and Roy Keane are so funny together.

He's spot on.
Takes lot less effort to bang it long and try to win the second ball, rather than 19 aimless passes to get the same place.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. We were unhappy with Monkball and now we sound like we want to go back to it (overly simplistic from me I know)
A possession strategy is fine if you have any idea what the hell to do with it. Our possession is pointless garbage. Walking around passing in front of the opposition and then keeper most touches is anti-football. The last thing we need is to swap entirely to a plan A of Monk/Cooper junk. Banging it long is better than unopposed triangles between defenders, Grimes and Keeper in injury time 1-0 down though!

A fluid game plan would be good, adapting our style of play depending on the opposition. Are they a physical side? How are they setting up? Are the full backs slow on the turn? Are the center halves vulnerable at set pieces, etc.?

Of course, that would take extra detail on the training ground and forward planning.

A possession strategy is fine if you have any idea what the hell to do with it. Our possession is pointless garbage. Walking around passing in front of the opposition and then keeper most touches is anti-football. The last thing we need is to swap entirely to a plan A of Monk/Cooper junk. Banging it long is better than unopposed triangles between defenders, Grimes and Keeper in injury time 1-0 down though!
Basically the point I was making.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. We were unhappy with Monkball and now we sound like we want to go back to it (overly simplistic from me I know)
You're right, Waynker.

Our unique Swanseway blueprint was established absolute yonks ago, and most brilliantly executed in our Resurrection, our promo to the Premier League and most importantly the way in which we maintained our Swanseaway against all odds, til it was tragically broken.

Then Russell'sMartin sullied it all, the slimeball.

There will be a 2nd Coming, and Matty will be at that vanguard. He and Joey have the backing of the Board, many £Ms invested, many more £Ms to come whilst cleverly cutting our cloth appropriately - watch this space.....

Exciting times, for us Swanswayists.

Bellers has written his manual called Football begins with F. Where have all the forwards gone. You know it's fixed when VAR wont show it, unless their line is crooked like the remainder of it. One game Allardyce etc

...unlike your house extension.🤣🤣🤣
Long done and dusted - onto the shed now. First fix electrics in place for my sparky mate to hook it up.

Roof and walls superfoiled up. Floor to be done Friday with foil and then jablite, ceiling also having jablite and board. Spring time will add the insulated plasterboard and bingo, home office, games room for the kids and storage space where things won't go mouldy

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back