• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Michael Obafemi absence

We’re not sure at the minute,” responded Martin when asked if Obafemi was in contention to face the Sky Blues, against whom he scored twice in last season’s 3-1 home win over Mark Robins’ men in March – a campaign in which he scored 14 goals in all competitions.

And then Russell's very next quote...

We need to be careful with him. He came back from Ireland injured and we thought we might have had a chance for this one, but we haven’t unfortunately...

You couldn't make it up :lol: :lol:

Jak365 said:
'Not picket' - that's uber clever, Jaxsy. Fair play. A Striker on Strike.

Not picked last time when, by all accounts: 'you need to run more'. Martin actually told Oba that he needs to run more - to a player that runs more than any other player that runs his socks off.

That was it. That was all the feedback/rationale Oba was given by Martin, our Mis-Managing Mediocre manager when he unceremoniously dropped him. Just like he did with Piroe.

As mentioned previously on here (on a matchday thread): - something's afoot, something's been brewing, top down/bottom-up disgruntlement............mark these words.

Facts is facts.

Oi! Jaxsy...

How very rude :eek:

At least Obafemi got mentioned today.

So what type of "knock" leaves a player out for a month?

"That means striker Michael Obafemi misses out again as he recovers from a knock picked up on international duty."

Swanjaxs said:
At least Obafemi got mentioned today.

So what type of "knock" leaves a player out for a month?

"That means striker Michael Obafemi misses out again as he recovers from a knock picked up on international duty."

A knock on his agent's door to demand he gets him out of the Russhouse?

Jak365 said:
'Not picket' - that's uber clever, Jaxsy. Fair play. A Striker on Strike.

Not picked last time when, by all accounts: 'you need to run more'. Martin actually told Oba that he needs to run more - to a player that runs more than any other player that runs his socks off.

That was it. That was all the feedback/rationale Oba was given by Martin, our Mis-Managing Mediocre manager when he unceremoniously dropped him. Just like he did with Piroe.

As mentioned previously on here (on a matchday thread): - something's afoot, something's been brewing, top down/bottom-up disgruntlement............mark these words.

Facts is facts.

Spouting out what you’ve heard through the grapevine and on internet forums does not equal facts.

Got told by someone inside the club today, that the door is wide open for him to leave in January, just need someone to offer a fair price. He's gone, was the terminology used.

He doesn't deserve a decent living from football with all his nonsense at different clubs.

Spoiled Brat with little talent other than running reasonably fast, hope his career crashes & burns.

Neath_Jack said:
Got told by someone inside the club today, that the door is wide open for him to leave in January, just need someone to offer a fair price. He's gone, was the terminology used.

Dread to think how lowball the offers that do come in (if any) will be now....

Resolvenjack said:
He doesn't deserve a decent living from football with all his nonsense at different clubs.

Spoiled Brat with little talent other than running reasonably fast, hope his career crashes & burns.

Kid’s defo got some talent and he’s scored a few goals in his time including a couple fr ROI which will put him in the shop window, that said what ever has happened or is happening could easily put a potential suitor off.

Chief said:
Dread to think how lowball the offers that do come in (if any) will be now....

Get what your saying but he's no value to us not playing and picking up his wages. If he's that much of a problem he just needs gone.

Strange, but when I think of potential line ups for games he doesn't come to mind, even on the bench.

Subconsciously I must have already written off his time here

We all know that Martin throws players under the steam roller given the slightest chance.
Takes all the credit for his tactical nous in making subs, even though Ben was coaching him from our penalty area.
I think we win despite Martin not because of.
Theory X management went out in the 80s or 90s.

I defended Martin up until about last February, when he was still playing the "we had no preseason " card.
A lot more than the 10 games I normally give a manager a season, to show he's worthy of being a Swans manager.
Fuk.
He's making me look foolish for defending him that long.

Dewi1jack said:
We all know that Martin throws players under the steam roller given the slightest chance.
Takes all the credit for his tactical nous in making subs, even though Ben was coaching him from our penalty area.
I think we win despite Martin not because of.
Theory X management went out in the 80s or 90s.

I defended Martin up until about last February, when he was still playing the "we had no preseason " card.
A lot more than the 10 games I normally give a manager a season, to show he's worthy of being a Swans manager.
Fuk.
He's making me look foolish for defending him that long.

Things are not being helped by the deluded owners blowing smoke up his arse boosting his already over inflated ego, could be all smoke and mirrors though, lets see how it goes against what could be a resurgent Reading team, Ince will have them right up for it, without doubt.

Niigata Jack said:
Things are not being helped by the deluded owners blowing smoke up his arse boosting his already over inflated ego, could be all smoke and mirrors though, lets see how it goes against what could be a resurgent Reading team, Ince will have them right up for it, without doubt.

Is he seriously (Martin) in danger of being replaced though? I can only see the owners going there if we were in danger of relegation and hat bit wont happen (IMO)

I’m resigned to him seeing out his contract and to spending every match in the Groundhog Day Hell of walking football, and going goals behind, then trying to catch up, while hoping he’ll actually open his eyes.

Cant see him changing from his preferred discredited robotic nonsense and poor resource management. So only real hope is they don’t renew.

(Martin that is, not Oba. I’m sure Oba is a bit of a jerk -probably worse after his Irish jaunts - but it would be hard to argue he hasn’t been poorly handled in terms of selection).

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back