• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Mid-table mediocrity

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
That’s what it’s looking like to me anyway.
I completely understand balancing the books,we’ll always be a selling club but I’m not expecting much it’s beginning to look like another rebuild.

Darran said:
I completely understand balancing the books,we’ll always be a selling club but I’m not expecting much it’s beginning to look like another rebuild.

We’ve had two seasons of mid table mediocrity with Piroe here mind.

However, Yates looks like a good player. Fitting in well.

It would be surprising if Duff manages to get in the play offs first time round.

Baron Goblet said:
However, Yates looks like a good player. Fitting in well.

It would be surprising if Duff manages to get in the play offs first time round.

Lol

Without Piroe’s goals we’d have been in a relegation battle for 2 years. Let’s hope we can rebuild to achieve mid table mediocrity.

Without Martin abandoning "The Process" we'd have been in a relegation battle last season regardless of Piroe's goals.

Said it from the start of pre-season, the division is extremely strong this season. The likes of the scum, Hull, B Ham are far better on paper. While we are weaker. Losing Ntcham, Manning, Piroe is a huge amount of assists and goals gone.

Mid table is the best we can expect this season.

Darran said:

I would gladly take mid table mediocrity at the moment.

Is there a difference between

Mid table medicority and a mid table finish?

I mean is mid table really mediocrity in the second tier of English football?

PSumbler said:
Is there a difference between

Mid table medicority and a mid table finish?

I mean is mid table really mediocrity in the second tier of English football?

The Championship isn't a mediocre league. Its a madhouse. I will take mid table, every season, from here until the end of time.

Captain_Sham said:
The Championship isn't a mediocre league. Its a madhouse. I will take mid table, every season, from here until the end of time.

Thats kind of where I am. Having spent the largest part of my Swans watching career in the bottom halves of the league then the middle of the Championship doesn't sound so bad.

I am not having a go at Darren because i know he has been around a long time but there is a generation of fans perhaps going back to as far as 2005/6 and the “Liberty era” who have generally only known good times. Fans who had never seen us play Darlington, Boston, Hartlepool, Chester and Kidderminster (our rivals from the borders). A large number of those clubs no longer exist or have had to reform as a new club, we were seconds away from being. In the same position, not once but on a number of occasions.

The PL era brought a generation of arrogance amongst certain of our fans who had forgotten where we had come from ( or were even aware of where we had come from). They thought that this was where we belonged, we did for a while but our lack of cash was always going to prevent us staying there.

I am sure i am not alone in dreaming of mid table mediocrity in the Championship, 1st games of the season back in the Championship where we played really well at Charlton and losing 2-0 with the original RM. Walking away thinking we are playing above ourselves, of feeling blessed to play amongst the big boys again.

To outplay teams with a brand of football others could only dream of to get to the promised land of the PL fully expecting to come straight back down but to have years of mid table entertainment, of being the 2nd team of every football loving fan.

To eventually sit there at the end of that period hoping to hang on for a point because we had sold our soul to the money machine that is the PL.

I just want that excitement back of being competitive of playing a nice style of football by passing quickly and effectively from back to front, of the next Darren Pratley covering every blade of grass to the next Leon cutting defences and opposition midfields apart Jason Scotland/Scot Sinclair/Wilfred Bony replacements scoring scorchers and the club board feeling that they are part of the solution not the problem.

If that’s mid table mediocrity it will do for me.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back