• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

MK Dons thread on us/Russ

MrSwerve

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Quote from last August:

Not saying I'm delighted he's gone, we are patient enough to endure the "process" having not long been promoted from League 2 when he took over. You lot were 90 Mins from the Premier League a few months ago.

Will you be as patient? If so, great. If not, I'll welcome you back here in a few months after you've booed him off the touchline because your goalkeeper passed to the opposition as its "part of the process".

Some interesting posts.

https://www.sitdownorwellstealyourclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6447&start=480

Last season when Naughton (full back) was taking a goal kick to Fisher (goalkeeper) was without doubt one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen in football.
Martin is trying to invent the wheel and it won’t work.

Although he did some good for the club, I can't stand him as a person and that's not just because he left us right at the start of the season, after promising we'd be better after a full pre-season and to 'trust the process'. Where I started to get major red flags about his character was when we were questioning the style. The dull, slow passing it around at the back yet conceding more chances than we created. He then came out with that interview, slamming us for asking for a 'Plan B' and saying all a plan b was was booting it up to a target man. That was never what we wanted, we just wanted to stop pissing around with it at the back and making stupid mistakes.

That could have easily been written on this board and you wouldn't know the difference.

JackFish said:
Although he did some good for the club, I can't stand him as a person and that's not just because he left us right at the start of the season, after promising we'd be better after a full pre-season and to 'trust the process'. Where I started to get major red flags about his character was when we were questioning the style. The dull, slow passing it around at the back yet conceding more chances than we created. He then came out with that interview, slamming us for asking for a 'Plan B' and saying all a plan b was was booting it up to a target man. That was never what we wanted, we just wanted to stop pissing around with it at the back and making stupid mistakes.

That could have easily been written on this board and you wouldn't know the difference.
that is so true its spooky that post needs to be pinned

We were warned.

There was a loose theory that his methods would work better at a higher level with better quality players. Obviously that turned out to be boIIocks, and he seems hellbent on replacing all the championship players that he’s discarded with MK Dons cast offs anyway.

On the 19th December last year I posted the below and as I’ve previously said I had no idea what he was trying to achieve back then and I still don’t today.

The biggest example I could give you over the last few weeks is being 1-0 down away to Middlesbrough with minutes/seconds to go and passing the ball around like a pack of twáts instead of lumping it forward to try and get something out of the game can forget it.
That’s not a philosophy on football it’s utter bollox and no real football man could possibly disagree.

MrSwerve said:
Quote from last August:

Not saying I'm delighted he's gone, we are patient enough to endure the "process" having not long been promoted from League 2 when he took over. You lot were 90 Mins from the Premier League a few months ago.

Will you be as patient? If so, great. If not, I'll welcome you back here in a few months after you've booed him off the touchline because your goalkeeper passed to the opposition as its "part of the process".

The 'your' goalkeeper was 'their' goalkeeper who is now 'our' goalkeeper. So he was passing to the opposition back then too. There's process, and there's goalkeepers that think they can pass, and cant. Then, if you catch a bad break, there's both.

Yikes :shock:

JackFish said:

I think Martin will be getting very chippy and huffy soon enough. Would be quite funny if we poached their new bloke to sort out his mess again.

Darran said:
On the 19th December last year I posted the below and as I’ve previously said I had no idea what he was trying to achieve back then and I still don’t today.

The biggest example I could give you over the last few weeks is being 1-0 down away to Middlesbrough with minutes/seconds to go and passing the ball around like a pack of twáts instead of lumping it forward to try and get something out of the game can forget it.
That’s not a philosophy on football it’s utter bollox and no real football man could possibly disagree.

You’re starting to remind me of someone, you should get the red pen out. :lol:

Itchysphincter said:
Darran said:

That’s a very low insult. :lol:

Darran said:
Itchysphincter said:

That’s a very low insult. :lol:

To be fair he’s talking some sense at the moment, the manner of the delivery is still very off-putting though.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back