• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Money for 2021

Bermudajack

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Is anyone on here (I’m thinking senior Trust members) aware of our financial state of our club for next year?
I know all clubs have taken a big hit in revenue due to Covid this season, but with clubs in this division going into administration of late, should we be really concerned about next seasons finances?
The silence from Big Trev and the anonymous owners is deafening and I’m beginning to feel like more pain is on the way 🤷🏻‍♂️
I know we have to trim the fat again with probably Celina, Rodon and Ayew going for fees, but this time will it be enough?
Even the proposed salary cap on Players wages Hasn’t even been confirmed yet has it?
The owners have never once looked like delving into their pockets, but this may now be necessary during these tough times? Surely they can’t sit back and watch their initial investment disappear totally?
Especially when we were closer than we thought of a return back to the Money League this year? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thoughts?

Covid 19 will hit all for sure.

Ayew will be the only player here under contract under our Premier league wages soon.
Final parachute payment topped with the previous 2.
Last 12 months we have taken nearly 40M in transfer fees on players and Manager.
8 expect Rodon to be gone and possibly Ayew....... Dyer, VDH and Naughton off or no if staying at reduced wages.

I understand why costs were cut but still not adding up for me!

Championship club finances were unsustainable before Covid-19. TV money is low, and with no supporters paying for tickets, food etc, I can't see how our income will be more than £10,000,000. Thankfully we've got the last of Premier money to help us for next year.

Because we have been managed for sustainability I think we'll do better than many clubs.
Reports are Coopper wants to keep Ayew, which I read as negotiations are underway to reduce his wages, probably to down to a level that is less than he gets now but is still above what he would get elsewhere.
I can't see us brining in much money for any transfers unless agreements were already in place.

The 3rd parachute payment is naff all. It's like 20% of the first one I believe.

From the horses mouth ...

"Steve Cooper admits Swansea City will not be spending money in the summer transfer window as he prepares to reshape his squad ahead of the 2020/21 campaign."

Badlands said:
Because we have been managed for sustainability I think we'll do better than many clubs..

Is my understanding of it.

Make no mistake, the club's financial commitments upon were far in excess of the finances available, even with parachute payments. Everything sold has just about kept us level, and the contracts coming to an end this year were about to give us some breathing space (albeit with Ayew's wage remaining a big millstone). Covid will however be an additional complication for a lot of clubs. We may have to make even more adjustments.

Badlands said:
Because we have been managed for sustainability I think we'll do better than many clubs.
Reports are Coopper wants to keep Ayew, which I read as negotiations are underway to reduce his wages, probably to down to a level that is less than he gets now but is still above what he would get elsewhere.
I can't see us brining in much money for any transfers unless agreements were already in place.

We’ve got plenty of money mun. :lol:

https://twitter.com/leighdineen/status/937037701282435072?s=20

Badlands said:

We may now be sustainable but we're in a hole due to our ridiculous policies on recruitment

waynekerr55 said:
We may now be sustainable but we're in a hole due to our ridiculous policies on recruitment

Only for the fat twat.

Badlands said:

Cooper wants to keep Ayew - granted, who wouldn't at this level.

Negotiations under way to reduce wages - really? What's in it for Ayew?

waynekerr55 said:
Badlands said:

I wouldn't say that we are sustainable right now.

magicdaps10 said:
It's 15M

That's nearly 300k a week.

Our parachute payments are normally cashed in (borrowed against), a long time before they actually land in the clubs bank account.

We are fatty's leg, we are fatty's leg.

Let's hope we can get £10m for Rodon, and that someone will take Ayew off our hands, and he agrees to a big pay cut for the buying club.

Neath_Jack said:
magicdaps10 said:
It's 15M

That's nearly 300k a week.

Our parachute payments are normally cashed in (borrowed against), a long time before they actually land in the clubs bank account.

We are fatty's leg, we are fatty's leg.

Let's hope we can get £10m for Rodon, and that someone will take Ayew off our hands, and he agrees to a big pay cut for the buying club.

And that he doesn’t rob us blind by taking a big loyalty payment as he exits stage left.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back