• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Money for 2021

Cooperman said:
Badlands said:
Because we have been managed for sustainability I think we'll do better than many clubs.
Reports are Coopper wants to keep Ayew, which I read as negotiations are underway to reduce his wages, probably to down to a level that is less than he gets now but is still above what he would get elsewhere.
I can't see us brining in much money for any transfers unless agreements were already in place.

Cooper wants to keep Ayew - granted, who wouldn't at this level.

Negotiations under way to reduce wages - really? What's in it for Ayew?

Not much, I guess we could say he’d be free to leave in Jan if he wanted to or we were clearly not in the mix plus an exit loyalty payment, again with Prem+++ bonus if we were to go up.

If we sold Rodon for only £10 Mill - we’re really are in the sh*t, I think he’s worth double that at least 🤷🏻‍♂️
For all the talk, I can’t see Ayew staying, 18 goals this season is a good return and some championship spenders like Derby will take advantage of him entering the last years of his contract - I believe? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bermudajack said:
If we sold Rodon for only £10 Mill - we’re really are in the sh*t, I think he’s worth double that at least 🤷🏻‍♂️
For all the talk, I can’t see Ayew staying, 18 goals this season is a good return and some championship spenders like Derby will take advantage of him entering the last years of his contract - I believe? 🤷🏻‍♂️

There is zero chance of Ayew moving from a Championship club to another Championship club.

Bermudajack said:

Aren’t Derby about to be hit with a points deduction for FFP?

Sure I read it somewhere

Cooperman said:
Bermudajack said:

There is zero chance of Ayew moving from a Championship club to another Championship club.

If we could afford him last season, surely Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich or a money bags Champ club could? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bermudajack said:

You take advantage of a running down contract, in way of the transfer fee being less.

We will GIVE Ayew away if someone will take him off our books, and meet his wage demands.

It is his wages that is stopping anyone buying him, not what we value him at.

Bermudajack said:
Cooperman said:

If we could afford him last season, surely Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich or a money bags Champ club could? 🤷🏻‍♂️

We couldn't afford him, we were stuck with him.

Neath_Jack said:
Bermudajack said:

In reflection, Thank god he stayed,
It’s reported he’s on 75k a week? Is this accurate?
What’s his present valuation?
What’s Rooney on? Anyone know 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bermudajack said:
Is anyone on here (I’m thinking senior Trust members) aware of our financial state of our club for next year?
I know all clubs have taken a big hit in revenue due to Covid this season, but with clubs in this division going into administration of late, should we be really concerned about next seasons finances?
The silence from Big Trev and the anonymous owners is deafening and I’m beginning to feel like more pain is on the way 🤷🏻‍♂️
I know we have to trim the fat again with probably Celina, Rodon and Ayew going for fees, but this time will it be enough?
Even the proposed salary cap on Players wages Hasn’t even been confirmed yet has it?
The owners have never once looked like delving into their pockets, but this may now be necessary during these tough times? Surely they can’t sit back and watch their initial investment disappear totally?
Especially when we were closer than we thought of a return back to the Money League this year? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thoughts?

Personally I think we should be slightly worried. The pressure would have been higher than normal without the pandemic. If the season had panned out without it then we would expect Rodon to be sold to try and balance the books (as well as Ayew and VDH coming off the wage bill)

With the loss of income that has become slightly more worrying and the shape of the transfer market at any level outside the top 6-10 PL clubs is a little unknown. if Man Utd or City (as was rumoured) want Joe then the fee will be good, anything below that, who knows?

The other alternative is the owners could look for further investment into the club in the shape of loans or in return for additional equity neither of which helps our long term sustainability and is a road that could cause problems in the future (would not be a huge issue with promotion) I honestly don't know if we want our owners to dip their hands in their pocket but to a point made elsewhere in this topic, the club has not been managed on a sustainable basis, that was the job that Birch was bought into do.

The one thing is we won't be alone, I think more clubs in the Championship will become more reliant on loans, young players and players from Leagues One and Two (where the financial impact is even greater) which could make it more competitive and mean our reliance on that kind of policy may see us doing better than had there not been a pandemic (if that makes sense)

Neath_Jack said:
Bermudajack said:

This is spot on. Sky Sports seemed to re-write this in their build up to both Brentford games where they applauded him for deciding to stay because he liked Cooper. He stayed because we couldn't get rid of him. And because of that it would have been madness not to try and get him to play.

And he would have gone in January too if we could have found someone.

Bermudajack said:
Cooperman said:

They'e got their own players on Premier wages that they won't be able to get rid of.

jackjackjackjack said:
Bermudajack said:

They'e got their own players on Premier wages that they won't be able to get rid of.

Not all teams have to get rid of their Premiership players, some will want to challenge to go straight back up, a player like Ayew could enhance that challenge 👍

Bermudajack said:
Cooperman said:

We couldn’t really afford him last season. That and the likes of Watford will not be stepping down a tier and then signing players on £70k per week.

I wouldn't rule out a reunion with Bielsa at Leeds or his brother at Palace.

Palace only scored 31 goals all season so they'll be looking for a bit more firepower, and they'll have cash available if Zaha goes.

Cooperman said:
waynekerr55 said:
We may now be sustainable but we're in a hole due to our ridiculous policies on recruitment

I wouldn't say that we are sustainable right now.

Poorly worded by me. We are trying to be run more prudently than before.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back