• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

More recruitment changes at Swansea City?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
There is an increasing rumour mill suggesting that the Swans are about to make another change in their recruitment team with a new appointment, possibly at the top. After a summer that saw Paul Watson arrive from Luton and Josh Marsh retain his position there is now the rumours that Martin Hodge is...

Read more

swansnews said:
There is an increasing rumour mill suggesting that the Swans are about to make another change in their recruitment team with a new appointment, possibly at the top. After a summer that saw Paul Watson arrive from Luton and Josh Marsh retain his position there is now the rumours that Martin Hodge is...

Read more

What's the fecking point in adding people to the recruiting team, when there's little money to spend on new players, because the deluded twats at the top are recruiting assistants to assist the chairman and in doing so paying out an exorbitant amount of the clubs income on his wages and other staff that the club probably don't need, club is wasting money hand over fist, they must be having lessons off this Tory government.

Not seen this mentioned either

PATRICK ORME has left Bristol City after seven-and-a-half years to become Head of Sport Science at Swansea City.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/orme-leaves-bristol-city-after-seven-years-to-join-swansea-city

3swan said:
Not seen this mentioned either

PATRICK ORME has left Bristol City after seven-and-a-half years to become Head of Sport Science at Swansea City.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/orme-leaves-bristol-city-after-seven-years-to-join-swansea-city

Can understand recruiting a sport science person, assuming we haven't got one, but hiring Hodge is a mystery unless Watson has had a tits full which is very possible as I cannot imagine many sticking around and having to deal with Levien and Co

Niigata Jack said:
What's the fecking point in adding people to the recruiting team, when there's little money to spend on new players, because the deluded twats at the top are recruiting assistants to assist the chairman and in doing so paying out an exorbitant amount of the clubs income on his wages and other staff that the club probably don't need, club is wasting money hand over fist, they must be having lessons off this Tory government.

With respect, you have no idea how much they earn, but you make a glaring error there of course as any salaries would be paid with their own money, not the clubs.

They put in millions to the club every year to cover such things and ensure anything the club earns it can spend on squad strengthening and club running.

Backroom staff is utterly vital to a football club and most certainly a good recruitment team needs to be implemented in every club.

Not sure why our fans are so desperate to criticise things they know nothing about. Even seen people completely fabricate salaries just to get angry.

Weird.

DuffleCoat said:
With respect, you have no idea how much they earn, but you make a glaring error there of course as any salaries would be paid with their own money, not the clubs.

They put in millions to the club every year to cover such things and ensure anything the club earns it can spend on squad strengthening and club running.

Backroom staff is utterly vital to a football club and most certainly a good recruitment team needs to be implemented in every club.

Not sure why our fans are so desperate to criticise things they know nothing about. Even seen people completely fabricate salaries just to get angry.

Weird.

I never suggested a figure, because I've no idea what they earn, correct, but whatever it is it won't be at the minimum rate, you don't have any idea either.

Their own money how does that work then? you reckon that they put money in then take that money out in salaries why would they do that then? so how much money do they actually put in then and how much do you reckon they take out in salaries? again you seem to know everything about the club and its business so you should know.

Its all well and good having a good recruitment team agreed, but that fails when there's little money to spend on recruiting, but hey never mind we got a cracking team of recruiters.

" Not sure why our fans are so desperate to criticise things they know nothing about" Fans go on things they read about the club, they don't pretend they know the actual facts, how about you?

Niigata Jack said:
I never suggested a figure, because I've no idea what they earn, correct, but whatever it is it won't be at the minimum rate, you don't have any idea either.

Their own money how does that work then? you reckon that they put money in then take that money out in salaries why would they do that then? so how much money do they actually put in then and how much do you reckon they take out in salaries? again you seem to know everything about the club and its business so you should know.

Its all well and good having a good recruitment team agreed, but that fails when there's little money to spend on recruiting, but hey never mind we got a cracking team of recruiters.

" Not sure why our fans are so desperate to criticise things they know nothing about" Fans go on things they read about the club, they don't pretend they know the actual facts, how about you?

I didn’t say you, I said ‘some people’. Whether it’s minimum rate or 250k a year; it will be with their own money.

We know how much they invest; £50m since they took over. They don’t take a penny out in salaries, I don’t think our chairman even draws a salary.

My point is that even if they did draw a wage, it would be paid with their own investment and not what the club is bringing in. So it’s not a valid complaint and completely pointless as an exercise to extract money as some like to ludicrously suggest.

We spent £7m-£8m in the summer just gone; so I’m not sure where the myth is that we don’t spend on players.

We brought in 13 players, among the most in the league.

DuffleCoat said:
I didn’t say you, I said ‘some people’. Whether it’s minimum rate or 250k a year; it will be with their own money.

We know how much they invest; £50m since they took over. They don’t take a penny out in salaries, I don’t think our chairman even draws a salary.

My point is that even if they did draw a wage, it would be paid with their own investment and not what the club is bringing in. So it’s not a valid complaint and completely pointless as an exercise to extract money as some like to ludicrously suggest.

We spent £7m-£8m in the summer just gone; so I’m not sure where the myth is that we don’t spend on players.

We brought in 13 players, among the most in the league.

How can it be their investment if they then draw on it, it would be like someone starting a savings plan one week and then drawing on it the following week, dear me! You right it is Weird!

Anyway, you crack on I've no intention of continuing.

No idea what you are talking about.

People are complaining that they are spending money on salaries as a way to take money out of the club.

I am making the point that if that was the intention then they would be paying themselves with their own money.

In short, it’s nonsense.

I'm slightly confused on the salary front. (its early on a Saturday after all!)

It was suggested on here a month back (maybe less) that Coleman was earning £500k per year as a salary from Swansea City. In fairness another rumour suggested (as DuffleCoat) has also said that he was not taking a salary at all. Personally I believe the second one less as people don't move their families halfway around the world but I also get the fact he is (seemingly) wealthy and an investor.

However what has confused me is if "Swansea City" are paying him a monthly salary then irrespective of where the money for that salary is paid from it is Swansea City that is paying it. And it will show on our finances.

However, if he is drawing that salary from "Swansea Football LLC" then it is right that Swansea City are not paying that salary. This all does add to the lack of clarity that has been discussed before on ownership but that is a different story.

I refuse to believe that Coleman is working for free - this is a surefire way or rich people becoming poor quite quickly - but I can believe that any monies he is taking is not being paid into a bank account under the guise of Swansea City.

The simple fact is nobody knows what he is actually earning just what they have been told and what people get told is generally driven by what the person telling them wants them to believe. Hence why for me all round they are rumours (at £500k per year or nothing) and I form my own opinion around that (the one that for me says Coleman will be earning a salary from somewhere)

AT the end of it if, for every £1 that goes into the LLC, 60p is aimed for the club and 40p for the "running costs" of the LLC owning the club then thats the way it is.

But the lack of clarity on these things will always lead to mistrust - as the article below says its the Swansea way.

As time has gone on my "closeness" to the club has long since dwindled (something echoed by many on various aspects of social media) so the desire to fight owners is actually quite small but when cloaks and daggers are the nature of the day then you have to expect questions and cynicism. I always said at the time of the sale, the Trust wanting to know was never to veto the deal but it would have been a lot smoother had there been proper consultation and dialogue and of course the chance to sell. Something that (despite those that want to peddle the alternative narrative) was said on Day 1. The Trust's day 1 that is not the Day 1 of the other sellers.

Anyway thats a digression - good clarity and communication will always win. Unless there is something to hide.

https://planetswans.co.uk/2023/10/23/no-clarity-on-ownership-but-no-direct-investment-from-chairman-andy/

PSumbler said:

It was suggested on here a month back (maybe less) that Coleman was earning £500k per year as a salary from Swansea City. In fairness another rumour suggested (as DuffleCoat) has also said that he was not taking a salary at all. Personally I believe the second one less as people don't move their families halfway around the world but I also get the fact he is (seemingly) wealthy and an investor.

However what has confused me is if "Swansea City" are paying him a monthly salary then irrespective of where the money for that salary is paid from it is Swansea City that is paying it. And it will show on our finances.

However, if he is drawing that salary from "Swansea Football LLC" then it is right that Swansea City are not paying that salary. This all does add to the lack of clarity that has been discussed before on ownership but that is a different story.

I refuse to believe that Coleman is working for free - this is a surefire way or rich people becoming poor quite quickly - but I can believe that any monies he is taking is not being paid into a bank account under the guise of Swansea City.

The simple fact is nobody knows what he is actually earning just what they have been told and what people get told is generally driven by what the person telling them wants them to believe. Hence why for me all round they are rumours (at £500k per year or nothing) and I form my own opinion around that (the one that for me says Coleman will be earning a salary from somewhere)

AT the end of it if, for every £1 that goes into the LLC, 60p is aimed for the club and 40p for the "running costs" of the LLC owning the club then thats the way it is.

But the lack of clarity on these things will always lead to mistrust - as the article below says its the Swansea way.

As time has gone on my "closeness" to the club has long since dwindled (something echoed by many on various aspects of social media) so the desire to fight owners is actually quite small but when cloaks and daggers are the nature of the day then you have to expect questions and cynicism. I always said at the time of the sale, the Trust wanting to know was never to veto the deal but it would have been a lot smoother had there been proper consultation and dialogue and of course the chance to sell. Something that (despite those that want to peddle the alternative narrative) was said on Day 1. The Trust's day 1 that is not the Day 1 of the other sellers.

Anyway that's a digression - good clarity and communication will always win. Unless there is something to hide.

https://planetswans.co.uk/2023/10/23/no-clarity-on-ownership-but-no-direct-investment-from-chairman-andy/

Fantastic post from someone who had clear inner dealings with the club and would have far more knowledge than a guess at what goes on and at first hand and not from some so called "information" passed to them from "someone" who apparently is in the know.

PS: - Phillip I've added an apostrophe to your word thats it should be that's, I'd expect better from a man of your stature ;) :lol:

PSumbler said:

Anyway thats a digression - good clarity and communication will always win. Unless there is something to hide.

Coleman doesn’t take a salary, I know that for a fact, and never has.

He has invested in the club and wants to oversee the dealings here on the commercial side, which is perfectly understandable - and as far as the club is concerned, a very generous gesture. Not even Huw worked for free.

£50m has been invested into the Swans ON TOP of what it earns, completely from outside US based sources.

This constant reference from people that the way they are taking money from us is by employing people (who then have to pay 30-40% tax and then presumably give it all away back to the Americans) is ludicrous.

There will be a time, maybe in 10 years, maybe in 20 years, where people will look back at this time and realise what we had and how they should have backed it.

DuffleCoat said:
Coleman doesn’t take a salary, I know that for a fact, and never has.

He has invested in the club and wants to oversee the dealings here on the commercial side, which is perfectly understandable - and as far as the club is concerned, a very generous gesture. Not even Huw worked for free.

£50m has been invested into the Swans ON TOP of what it earns, completely from outside US based sources.

This constant reference from people that the way they are taking money from us is by employing people (who then have to pay 30-40% tax and then presumably give it all away back to the Americans) is ludicrous.

There will be a time, maybe in 10 years, maybe in 20 years, where people will look back at this time and realise what we had and how they should have backed it.

How do you know that for a fact?

Nocountryforoldjack said:
How do you know that for a fact?

Because I do. Just like I told the forum the fee for Mykola when the rumours were incorrect. I know these things, you will just have to take my word for it.

Zero salary.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back