• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

More recruitment changes at Swansea City?

DuffleCoat said:
Because I do. Just like I told the forum the fee for Mykola when the rumours were incorrect. I know these things, you will just have to take my word for it.

Zero salary.

Yeah no

DuffleCoat said:
Coleman doesn’t take a salary, I know that for a fact, and never has.

He has invested in the club and wants to oversee the dealings here on the commercial side, which is perfectly understandable - and as far as the club is concerned, a very generous gesture. Not even Huw worked for free.

£50m has been invested into the Swans ON TOP of what it earns, completely from outside US based sources.

This constant reference from people that the way they are taking money from us is by employing people (who then have to pay 30-40% tax and then presumably give it all away back to the Americans) is ludicrous.

There will be a time, maybe in 10 years, maybe in 20 years, where people will look back at this time and realise what we had and how they should have backed it.

So Coleman is not receiving any money at all for the work he does at the club? None? Not a penny? Not a single cent?

Same for Gude?

And for the record Mr Jenkins did work for free for many years when he was at the helm of the club.

PSumbler said:
So Coleman is not receiving any money at all for the work he does at the club? None? Not a penny? Not a single cent?

Same for Gude?

And for the record Mr Jenkins did work for free for many years when he was at the helm of the club.

Not sure about Gude, doubtful as he’s not an owner, don’t see why he would agree to work for free.

Coleman does not get paid for his position, no. His interest is improving the club and increasing the value of his investment.

As for Jenkins, you must be talking about the club when it had very little income. He was being paid hundreds of thousands per season when the cash was coming into the club. I know that for a fact too.

DuffleCoat said:
Not sure about Gude, doubtful as he’s not an owner, don’t see why he would agree to work for free.

Coleman does not get paid for his position, no. His interest is improving the club and increasing the value of his investment.

As for Jenkins, you must be talking about the club when it had very little income. He was being paid hundreds of thousands per season when the cash was coming into the club. I know that for a fact too.

Oddly enough so do I :roll: Yes I was but you were making it sound like he never worked for free so it felt appropriate just to add a comment for balance.

So he gets nothing from Swansea City for being here? Just the satisfaction of "looking after his investment" OK.

Not getting paid by the club is a good way to avoid paying UK tax.

PSumbler said:
Oddly enough so do I :roll: Yes I was but you were making it sound like he never worked for free so it felt appropriate just to add a comment for balance.

So he gets nothing from Swansea City for being here? Just the satisfaction of "looking after his investment" OK.

In the same circumstances, Huw was not working for free.

Not sure what you mean by “gets nothing”, if you mean a salary then no, nothing.

He does however get to front the business he’s invested into, it’s extremely common that people don’t draw a wage from a company they own, or in his case, part own.

It’s often counter productive.

I don’t believe for one minute that the football club chairman isn’t getting a football club chairman’s remuneration.

exiledclaseboy said:
I don’t believe for one minute that the football club chairman isn’t getting a football club chairman’s remuneration.

That’s up to you.

However football clubs chairmen don’t usually also own the club. As Phil correctly pointed out, Huw also did this… for a while.

It’s not an employment as such, and more of a director taking an active role in his investment.

It’s a mutually beneficial situation where we get Coleman’s commercial expertise, he empowers those around him to do their jobs, we don’t have to pay an external chairman who doesn’t have direct interest in the clubs future - and he gets to have on the ground influence.

This is simply the situation. People can choose to believe what they like, but this is the way it is.

DuffleCoat said:
That’s up to you.

However football clubs chairmen don’t usually also own the club. As Phil correctly pointed out, Huw also did this… for a while.

It’s not an employment as such, and more of a director taking an active role in his investment.

It’s a mutually beneficial situation where we get Coleman’s commercial expertise, he empowers those around him to do their jobs, we don’t have to pay an external chairman who doesn’t have direct interest in the clubs future - and he gets to have on the ground influence.

This is simply the situation. People can choose to believe what they like, but this is the way it is.

It’s a mutually beneficial situation where we get Coleman’s commercial expertise, he empowers those around him to do their jobs, ...
Fuk me I didn't realise we had the American Alan Sugar running the show down here at the moment!

The future is bright 🌞

exiledclaseboy said:

But you don't know someone at the club who would dish out "facts" to you. init mun :roll:
I just don't think you are special enough or move in the right circles for that to happen :p

DuffleCoat said:
That’s up to you.

Ok Mr Coleman, right you are sir.

Niigata Jack said:
But you don't know someone at the club who would dish out "facts" to you. init mun :roll:
I just don't think you are special enough or move in the right circles for that to happen :p

Someone in the club is obviously feeding him little bits of info, for him to act as a stooge on their behalf. It’s not the first time the club has done it over the years.

Most grown ups are able to form an opinion on the current lot without the propaganda that’s being leaked out though.

Neath_Jack said:
Someone in the club is obviously feeding him little bits of info, for him to act as a stooge on their behalf. It’s not the first time the club has done it over the years.

Most grown ups are able to form an opinion on the current lot without the propaganda that’s being leaked out though.

There's more than a few of their and the previous owners stooges out there, most can see right through them.

Nobody feeding me anything, I have had excellent relationship with the club for years.

Just by the nature of my position I will know a lot of information that is probably useful to solve any clarity issues that is causing disharmony on here.

Not sure why people seem annoyed that there is nothing to be annoyed about, there was me thinking it was good news. Football fans eh? :roll:

I’ll leave you all running around panicking about fake rumours next time then…

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back