• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Nathaniel MG Cup Final

But, but Jasper says we need to field 11 of the youngsters.. because he's all knowing and seeing.. draining even more money on this academy structure that got pumped against a team who get knocked out of the 1st qualifier of the CL regularly.. some of these players are on 1k a week 50k a year.. ship em out if they're rubbish, which it looks like tonight..

Just a few comments while I finish off these sour grapes I picked up.

Playing the game on a hard plastic pitch massively benefited TNS, who didn't need additional help to look comfortable with the ball. The ref was generally a bit crap (as you'd expect) but the linesmen were waving their flags in an Oswestry accent. Second goal was clearly offside. They always got the benefit of the doubt and it made the job extra difficult for the centre halves who had to try to over-cover rather than play the high line they started with (which wasn't working great but still).

U21s sides will always have weak links and it was the sort of game that highlighted that. Their subs were all established players for them, while some of our starters in fairness probably have no future in the professional game. Team resembled the first team in a lot of ways - no centre forward worthy of the name, ropey at the back, and generally lacking pace by comparison to the opposition.

Liam Smith as good as anyone on the pitch first half, anonymous second. Kian Jenkins had a great game, just back from injury himself. Mitchell Bates grew into it really well despite taking two bad lunging tackles that better refs might have taken action on. The stoppage time goals made the scoreline look a lot worse than the team deserved. Replay the game on grass and get Kristian Fletcher back for the day and it'd be a better contest (maybe hope one of the other keepers is fit too).

Playing the game on a hard plastic pitch massively benefited TNS, who didn't need additional help to look comfortable with the ball. The ref was generally a bit crap (as you'd expect) but the linesmen were waving their flags in an Oswestry accent. Second goal was clearly offside. They always got the benefit of the doubt and it made the job extra difficult for the centre halves who had to try to over-cover rather than play the high line they started with (which wasn't working great but still).

U21s sides will always have weak links and it was the sort of game that highlighted that. Their subs were all established players for them, while some of our starters in fairness probably have no future in the professional game. Team resembled the first team in a lot of ways - no centre forward worthy of the name, ropey at the back, and generally lacking pace by comparison to the opposition.

Liam Smith as good as anyone on the pitch first half, anonymous second. Kian Jenkins had a great game, just back from injury himself. Mitchell Bates grew into it really well despite taking two bad lunging tackles that better refs might have taken action on. The stoppage time goals made the scoreline look a lot worse than the team deserved. Replay the game on grass and get Kristian Fletcher back for the day and it'd be a better contest (maybe hope one of the other keepers is fit too).
A very good appraisal, Liam Smith is a talent and attracting attention
It's all about finding diamonds in the mud at development level remember...

Did anyone see me on the telebox?:) Well it is my local......

TNS are more than decent in fairness, could possibly hold thier own in the Vanarama...

The standard of the officiating was absolutely shocking. I thought we had it bad in the EFL but this was a whole new level of bad. I totally agree about their second goal being offside, and totally acknowledge that TNS were the better team and deserved to win, but the most ridiculous thing of all was their third goal. Cameron Congreve was pushed in the back then almost assaulted by a second player. This allowed them possession and they scored. A yellow card offence at the least for me, yet no free kick and they score from it - crazy

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back