• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

New Away Kit

I see there are a few flag shaggers who are a bit upset with it :lol:

Neath_Jack said:
I see there are a few flag shaggers who are a bit upset with it :lol:

Bound to be. I think it's great that we've teamed up with the GB olympics squad though.

But the home kit. Only just seen it today. How is it possible to fk up a plain white kit? :lol:

MrSwerve said:
Do Gulf get a cut? :D

That’s the bit I find so ridiculous.

The reason that kit was orange and blue was because it was the corporate colours of Gulf Oil and the Gulf garage in Swansea was sponsoring the kit. Nothing to do with the club or historic colours (yes, I know we have had orange accents in the kit before and after but that orange with that blue was simply a marketing exercise for Gulf Oil ).

We have effectively chosen to replicate a kit in the colours of a major oil company. I assume when we make statements about climate change and global warming and how green we are as a club we will forget that bit…

Let’s be honest, both kits are absolute horrendous, nearly as bad as the collar kit under Sousa, but as long as the players that wear it are half decent at football we’ll be ok.

Risc said:
Let’s be honest, both kits are absolute horrendous, nearly as bad as the collar kit under Sousa, but as long as the players they wear it are half decent at football we’ll be ok.

As long as they don’t copy that ‘Stretchout’ kit.

I have a signed one of those (everyone in the squad and management) but every time I look at it I think it’s awful.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Risc said:
Let’s be honest, both kits are absolute horrendous, nearly as bad as the collar kit under Sousa, but as long as the players they wear it are half decent at football we’ll be ok.

I have a signed one of those (everyone in the squad and management) but every time I look at it I think it’s awful.

Was that the kit we wore when Savaraese was here? Another shocker!

Risc said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Yes.

I vividly remember sitting in the East Stand with my Dad when Savarese had recently joined and scored two against Stoke with what was a big crowd for us in those days. He looked some player (of course that was partly in comparison to the alternatives).

That kit though. Funnily, that season we had a nice away kit (bit like the Centenary away kit with red and green).
Perhaps we are going to bring back lots of the shocking kits of the past. There have been a few.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Risc said:

Yes.

I vividly remember sitting in the East Stand with my Dad when Savarese had recently joined and scored two against Stoke with what was a big crowd for us in those days. He looked some player (of course that was partly in comparison to the alternatives).

That kit though. Funnily, that season we had a nice away kit (bit like the Centenary away kit with red and green).
Perhaps we are going to bring back lots of the shocking kits of the past. There have been a few.

We may see him back here one day as gaffer! But yeah I completely agree, our best away kits have been black (I’m sure one of those was the stretchout year aswell) and the red one from a few years back.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Risc said:

Yes.

They ought to bring back the black and white hooped shirt from around 88/89/90. It would be a massive hit.

Libertarian said:
Nod to the past. I like it

A nod!? The only thing missing is the Gulf sponsor :lol: . Cowin' lovely mun. This could be the first shirt I ever buy

Routinely talked of as the worst kit in the history of the Swans 30 years hasn’t made it any less of a disgrace.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back