• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

New shirt sponsors - Swansea Uni

• Thread starter AyHew
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 26
  • Views: Views 6,388
No more random betting company's for us...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-university-unveiled-swansea-citys-18793193

This is most definitely good news - a sensible partnership with a local entity and a strong one at that. Much better than some random foreign betting chain which meant different kits depending on your age,.

Credit where it is due for certain

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/2020/08/19/good-news-the-swans-return-local-with-shirt-sponsorship/

This good news on many levels.
1) it will be the first sponsor since Swansea.com that I will wear.
2) children's wear can have the same logos
3) linked to local community
4) it was something Birch, soon after his appointment, said he and the US shareholders wanted to do.

Hope we haven't turned down a better offer for something "local".

Suspect there might be some Fairwood related dealings in there somewhere. The Uni taking up more of the maintenance expenses maybe.

Badlands said:
4) it was something Birch, soon after his appointment, said he and the US shareholders wanted to do.

So your wanky chums were doing something wrong then? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thought this was common knowledge before the announcement??

With both us and the Uni (all universities) struggling for cash at the moment hopefully this is a common sense sponsor which works for both sides

As much as we need all the money we can the continued partnerships and facilities are worth far more to us as a club

Darran said:
Badlands said:

So your wanky chums were doing something wrong then? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Grow up.

Its very nice to have a local sponsor personally I'd rather have a company that pays us the most money.

At the moment most companies have more important things to spunk their money on than their name over a championship football team jersey.

With the financial strain on the HE sector and particularly the strain Swansea Uni are under at the moment, I very much doubt that there is much (if any) monetary injection to the club. I can only assume there is some kind of Fairwood deal included.

MrSwerve said:
With the financial strain on the HE sector and particularly the strain Swansea Uni are under at the moment, I very much doubt that there is much (if any) monetary injection to the club. I can only assume there is some kind of Fairwood deal included.
That makes sense.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back