• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

New Thai restaurant in Port Talbot

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 24
  • Views: Views 1,450
Darran said:
In Station Road.
Absolutely outstanding.

What did you have? was it hot and spicy? we still haven't tried Thai food, never know what to try doh!

Beef massaman, chicken or beef rendang, then red or green curry if you want more heat.

Darran said:
Niigata Jack said:
What did you have? was it hot and spicy? we still haven't tried Thai food, never know what to try doh!

Stir Fry Krapow and can be as hot and spicy as you want.

Krapow :lol: :lol: :lol:

WxmJax said:
Beef massaman, chicken or beef rendang, then red or green curry if you want more heat.

Big shout out for a beef rendang!

Very easy, Max. Half a jar of Thai paste, tin of coconut milk, some sugar snap peas, mini corn and your choice of chicken or prawns. Maybe some bean sprouts and cashews in at the last minute. You can knock one of these out without spending a fortune and then finding that you don’t like it.

WxmJax said:

Rendang is not Thai-it's Malaysian. It's nice but not Thai.

I love Thai food. Been lucky enough to have projects with several Bangkok based universities and definitely my favourite trip with work.

Darran's recommendation of a Krapow with Thai Basil and Chilli is a good one. I also like Larb, papaya salads and curry crab when there as well as the usual Pad Thai and curries. If you find a good Thai then sticky mango rice (as a desert) is a joy.

Professor said:
WxmJax said:

I love Thai food. Been lucky enough to have projects with several Bangkok based universities and definitely my favourite trip with work.

Darran's recommendation of a Krapow with Thai Basil and Chilli is a good one. I also like Larb, papaya salads and curry crab when there as well as the usual Pad Thai and curries. If you find a good Thai then sticky mango rice (as a desert) is a joy.

Discovered larb recently, beautiful and can be as spicy as you like.

Cooperman said:
WxmJax said:

Big shout out for a beef rendang!

Very easy, Max. Half a jar of Thai paste, tin of coconut milk, some sugar snap peas, mini corn and your choice of chicken or prawns. Maybe some bean sprouts and cashews in at the last minute. You can knock one of these out without spending a fortune and then finding that you don’t like it.

Plus a Scotch Bonnet or Carolina Reaper unless you like it bland?

Thai food is very nice, probably my favourite Asan cuisine, but down in West Wales options are limited.
Many years ago I did a couple of back packing trips in Thailand and Malaysia. I can vividly remember having a bowl of Tom Yum soup in Bangkok, in took me 2 pints of beer to be able to eat the soup.

If you are diabetic beware as a lot of dishes contain a lot of sugar.

BanosSwan said:
Professor said:

Discovered larb recently, beautiful and can be as spicy as you like.

Had some amazing pork larb last time I was over. My generous host took us to a happy hour by the river. He thought we were getting buy one get one free on Singha. Except it was four pint pitchers.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back