• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Newcastle v Everton

Bermudajack

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
A few ex Swans on show here...

When at their best, which of the following players did you prefer and why?

Fredrico Fernandez
John Jo Shelvey
Guilfi Siguardson
Ki sun young

Sigurdsson, quite simply a huge reason why we were good at times in the Premier League.

Fernandez was a good defender but Gylfi will always be one of my favourite ever Swans players

Yet on his day, I always like Shelvey as he offered something a bit off the cuff/unauthodox, I know his ending here left a sour taste in the mouth, but on his day he could be outrageous with talent and skill... 👍

Gylfi for me, when he left i sort of knew that our time in the PL was coming to an end.

Gylfi for me too, the most consistent and important of those players.

Impressive that all four of them would have to be considered successful signings, with Shelvey being sold for a healthy profit and Gylfi for a massive profit. We'd have made money on selling Fernandez had we not been in a firesale after relegation. Even the least successful of these players, Ki played over 150 games for us and won the Player of the Season award in our most successful season in terms of league finish.

Bermudajack said:
Yet on his day, I always like Shelvey as he offered something a bit off the cuff/unauthodox, I know his ending here left a sour taste in the mouth, but on his day he could be outrageous with talent and skill... 👍

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KiYA3YnQXCg

The amount of stick that’s JJS had when he was here was ridiculous. An incredible striker of the ball.

See also: Jonathan de Guzman.

MrSwerve said:
The amount of stick that’s JJS had when he was here was ridiculous. An incredible striker of the ball.

See also: Jonathan de Guzman.

Shelvey had a lot of potential but a very bad attitude

JDG was a class individual on the pitch and we should have tried far harder to keep him here - another one of those players that we baulked at the demands and then spunked millions on the likes of Bony (2nd time), Clucas and Sanchez

Not that anyone's eye was off the ball or anything you understand!

Code:
Blackpooljack said:
Gylfi for me, when he left i sort of knew that our time in the PL was coming to an end.
Especially when replaced with Clucas.

Shelvey was what Ferrie Bodde would have been in the Premier League. Outrageous talent but thick as mud with a tendency for the red mist to descend. Probably more naturally gifted than Siggy, but overall Siggy contributed far more.

PSumbler said:
JDG was a class individual on the pitch and we should have tried far harder to keep him here

I thought we elbowed him out to make room for Ki. To make sure that nobody else could do what Laudrup did and send Huw's record signing off on loan.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back