• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Next moves

SensationalSwans

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
Get rid of Watson, replace him with Osian Roberts.

Get rid of Duff, replace him with Toshack Jr, even if it’s for the interim.

Big decisions need to be made and people need to hold their hands up and admit they got it wrong this summer. The sooner the better.

Watson I have no issues with, there has been nothing wrong with our recruitment policy and by all accounts Watson has done well getting the fees we did for those who left too.

The players we have brought in are mostly suited to high tempo ball on the ground football where they can use pace to attack spaces. Instead they have come in to route one football where the ball is being launched into the sky so often even the Pulis era Stoke would feel ashamed of us, especially since we don't have strikers that suit the aerial battle that such a style would dictate.

bakajack said:
Watson I have no issues with, there has been nothing wrong with our recruitment policy and by all accounts Watson has done well getting the fees we did for those who left too.

The players we have brought in are mostly suited to high tempo ball on the ground football where they can use pace to attack spaces. Instead they have come in to route one football where the ball is being launched into the sky so often even the Pulis era Stoke would feel ashamed of us, especially since we don't have strikers that suit the aerial battle that such a style would dictate.

Watson was responsible for Duff. He’d have Jones here if he could, the man is the antithesis to what has brought success to our club in recent decades.

He’s as much to blame as the man he appointed. Clueless Coleman and the ownership signed off on it, the latest in a series of mistakes. They’ve been in charge of this club for 7 years and it’s been one calamity after another.

SensationalSwans said:
Watson was responsible for Duff. He’d have Jones here if he could, the man is the antithesis to what has brought success to our club in recent decades.

He’s as much to blame as the man he appointed. Clueless Coleman and the ownership signed off on it, the latest in a series of mistakes. They’ve been in charge of this club for 7 years and it’s been one calamity after another.
It hasn't though, has it.

Two play off finishes included a final, predominantly top half championship football.

Hired managers who gave mostly gone on to bigger things.

Signed good players for cheap and sold higher.

Let's not get our Fanny's twisted now when results aren't going well, as the bulk of our fans have had no problem with th yanks when things have been going well.

Duff looked promising when he came in and now looks to be a mistake, it's football and it happens. Potter, Cooper and Martin weren't mistakes

eteb said:
It hasn't though, has it.

Two play off finishes included a final, predominantly top half championship football.

Hired managers who gave mostly gone on to bigger things.

Signed good players for cheap and sold higher.

Let's not get our Fanny's twisted now when results aren't going well, as the bulk of our fans have had no problem with th yanks when things have been going well.

Duff looked promising when he came in and now looks to be a mistake, it's football and it happens. Potter, Cooper and Martin weren't mistakes

Did you miss the part where we got relegated under them, after spending copious amounts on crap players, leading us to firesale every summer thereafter?!

The problem is there is no vision. You mention Potter, Cooper and Martin, all of whom have different “philosophies” for want of a better term. And now Duff. Where’s the long term vision?

All 3 managers left the club on no good terms. But at least they went on to bigger things. How exactly that helps us…

Give Duff the next 2 games. If there is no sign of improvement, then pull the trigger Saturday night.

No issues?!!!

No issues?!!!
How nice of you Risc to quote me from the start of the season before we saw how the season was playing out ;)

While I stand by much of what I said back then with Watson getting reasonable fees (before hindsight for example the likes of Whittaker) for many players who wanted out, he also had to bring in a lot of bodies with what Coleman later admitted was a broken/non existent recruitment system.

Some of the players brought in would have been ones we had earmarked before, others would be what Watson knew of previously, yet others would be the profile requested by or even specifically asked for by Duff. It was a hodgepodge that Watson himself couldn't really be blamed for (nor Coleman if I am being generous).

I would say that January was a better indication of what Watson will offer and it was significantly better. He will be judged with a great deal of scrutiny by what work is done this summer and that I think is fair.

How nice of you Risc to quote me from the start of the season before we saw how the season was playing out ;)

While I stand by much of what I said back then with Watson getting reasonable fees (before hindsight for example the likes of Whittaker) for many players who wanted out, he also had to bring in a lot of bodies with what Coleman later admitted was a broken/non existent recruitment system.

Some of the players brought in would have been ones we had earmarked before, others would be what Watson knew of previously, yet others would be the profile requested by or even specifically asked for by Duff. It was a hodgepodge that Watson himself couldn't really be blamed for (nor Coleman if I am being generous).

I would say that January was a better indication of what Watson will offer and it was significantly better. He will be judged with a great deal of scrutiny by what work is done this summer and that I think is fair.

Ah apologies i didn't see the date.

Although I don't believe players Watson brought in were earmarked before, or specifically asked for by Duff. Waton came in and took the reigns, spent huge for us, and fell flat on face. He's being given another go so need to back him to get it right, I do think we have a better base to build from now in terms of recruitment department.

Last edited:
Ah apologies i didn't see the date.

Although I don't believe players Watson brought in were earmarked before, or specifically asked for by Duff. Waton came in and took the reigns, spent huge for us, and fell flat on face. He's being given another go so need to back him to get it right, I do think we have a better base to build from now in terms of recruitment department.
Apology accepted :)

I do agree though that the jury is out on Watson and he doesn't have any excuses to hide behind this summer. I was prepared to give him a free hit with all the upheaval last summer but a relatively positive January transfer window means expectations are fairly high on him to deliver this time around.

What happened to that Cravatt bloke you always used to post about? You know the one who was going to plow in huge amounts of money?
That was Nigel Morris.
He was brought in separately and not affiliated with the Yanks and was introduced via Martin Morgan.

On the subject of MM, I would like to wish him all the best for his upcoming wedding in Majorca........the event of the century on the island it's starting to look like.

What happened to that Cravatt bloke you always used to post about? You know the one who was going to plow in huge amounts of money?

He has put millions in. He just doesn't put himself out there publicly. Was over several times last year.

Last edited:
That was Nigel Morris.
He was brought in separately and not affiliated with the Yanks and was introduced via Martin Morgan.

On the subject of MM, I would like to wish him all the best for his upcoming wedding in Majorca........the event of the century on the island it's starting to look like.

Nigel Morris's shares are being diluted regularly due to the money being released from the LLC, which Coleman and Cravatt are a part of, so he hasn't put in more than the people you're talking about.

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him taking a bigger role in future however, watching brief at the mo.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back