• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NFL

I'm a 49ers fan, yet I'm almost rooting for Detroit! Great season from them. If they do beat the Niners, I will be cheering them on in the Superb Owl.

Both AFC games went the wrong way for me. Always like to see a team that has never won it all get there rather than the same old teams. Poor Bills fans as well, they've had it rough over the years.

Either the Chiefs or the Ravens will bring back bad memories of previous Superbowls for the Niners (if we beat Detroit) and will be a very tough game.
Detroit Lions, everyone’s second favourite team. Or at least they should be.

Absolutely no interest in watching this sport, however I've watched a fair few shows on Netflix on college football the last couple of years. They get around 100,000 through the gate for what is basically Swansea University rugby games. Incredible.
Me neither, typical yankee sport, which is all about making money out of the people that go to the events and spend fortunes.
My eldest watches it regularly though, beats me as to what he see's in it.

I haven't watched a game all season
Me neither, typical yankee sport, which is all about making money out of the people that go to the events and spend fortunes.
I haven't watched a game this season, but it's really complex compared to proper footy, I'm what you call a floater, because I don't have a team.. I'm just a casual viewer.. it gets a bit boring though, especially when a team goes 30 points ahead, it's like someone winning 8-0 within 25 minutes

Watched the Bucks game yesterday in a Tampa sports bar. It was an experience and, to be fair, hardly anyone expected them to win.

If you understand the rules then it is definitely a sport that’s better in the flesh. If you don’t then at least Sky Sports attempt to fill in some of the breaks in play with an overview of what’s going on.

Sky TV has entered the building, so I was able to watch Kansas v Buffalo.

As much as I felt Kansas looked very good, Buffalo's receivers missed numerous golden opportunities to score.

I've not seen SF yet. They're my pick by virtue of me having lived there. 😆

[I attempted to quote Cooperman's post just above. Dunno why it's not here].

I think that very much depends on the view you have of the pitch.

Unfortunately the bleachers at the Oakland Alameda afforded a really crap view. There was little in the way of comms. It really wasn't very [looks for the right word. Is this it?] engaging. I much prefer watching on the box.

Unfortunately the bleachers at the Oakland Alameda afforded a really crap view. There was little in the way of comms. It really wasn't very [looks for the right word. Is this it?] engaging. I much prefer watching on the box.
Fair point, the view does help. I was maybe considering the wider entertainment package and including the tailgating and the environment beneath the stands, rather than just game time.

Ah I'm with you.

Yes, I'd have liked that, I reckon, but sadly never partook.

(There always seemed to be lots of fighting both inside and outside the stadium. It just wasn't pleasant)

If you understand the rules then it is definitely a sport that’s better in the flesh. If you don’t then at least Sky Sports attempt to fill in some of the breaks in play with an overview of what’s going on.
I have no interest in the show whatsoever Coops.

Press reply will automatically embed the quote in the reply

Pressing +Quote is best used for selecting part of the text or muti-quotes - both require you to press "insert quote" when typing the reply

I have no interest in the show whatsoever Coops.
Heh. I don't think I've ever read a thread on gridiron football where someone hasn't waded in telling everyone they're not into it.

I'm almost tempted to start a thread on vegan recipes 😆

And that's not meant personally by the way. I guess it's part of the human condition.

Last edited:
Heh. I don't think I've ever read a thread on gridiron football where someone hasn't waded in telling everyone they're not into it.

And that's not meant personally by the way. I guess it's part of the human condition.
I'm not interested in veganism either if that helps😂

Sounds like a banger of a thread,

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back