• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Night Matches K/O Times

airedale

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve found recently that a 7pm k/o is more convenient as you’re left with more of the evening free. When I get home tonight it’ll be nearly bed time.

I’m considering sending a letter about it.

airedale said:
Don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve found recently that a 7pm k/o is more convenient as you’re left with more of the evening free. When I get home tonight it’ll be nearly bed time.

I’m considering sending a letter about it.

Now that I’m retired, it doesn’t really matter to me what time we kick off. However even the 7:45 ko was sometimes a challenge when I was working, given I had about a 45 minute journey to get there, and ensuring I had something to eat beforehand etc. So I think an earlier kick off could put many people off going. 7:45 seems to be about right in my view - allowing time for people to get there without it being too late getting home afterwards. My main gripe with evening matches is when they decide to close sections of the M4 during the evening !

I can think of something else that might put people off going other than the kick off time.

Revert back to what it was in the 70s. 7.30 kick off, 10 mins for half time , match over 10 past nine. But as said above , there's other things that might put people off going to games, lacklustre , boring ,scoreless football.

I have a 1hr 45 min drive but I've always tried to get to midweek games but as I've got older, getting home just before midnight (assuming there are no closures on the M4) is getting a bit too much. I was really pissed off at the Sheff Utd game being 8pm ko and I've already missed 3 home games. Not sure I'm going to get good value for my ST this season.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back