• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Nine year old Swansea lad

Darran said:
I won’t name him,played in the same Swans Academy team as my grandson last year.
Signed for Man City today. 👀

I thought there were rules about catchment areas for kids under a certain age?

bakajack said:
Darran said:
I won’t name him,played in the same Swans Academy team as my grandson last year.
Signed for Man City today. 👀

No idea pal but he’s 100% signed for them.

Darran said:
bakajack said:

The Changes in Youth Football Academies
In 1997 Howard Wilkinson introduced the FA’s ‘Charter of Quality’, which completely changed youth football in England.The charter aimed to improve the quality of English football academies, by inducting players into professional club academies, instead of youth club football.However, the Premier League had other plans…In 2011 English youth football had an even more drastic overhaul in the shape of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP). Changes from the Charter of Quality included:
A 4 tier Category System (1 being the highest)
Changes to the scouting area restrictions allowing Category 1 clubs to recruit throughout the country
A compensation structure to ensure smaller clubs receive relative compensation for youth players who leave for a bigger club
In the past, youth academies had a strict catchment area in which they could recruit their players. However, due to the Premier Leagues Elite Player Performance Plan, this is no longer the case for the top academies.

Seems it used to be the case but of course the Premier League bring in their own rules.
Good luck to him.

bakajack said:
Darran said:

The Changes in Youth Football Academies
In 1997 Howard Wilkinson introduced the FA’s ‘Charter of Quality’, which completely changed youth football in England.The charter aimed to improve the quality of English football academies, by inducting players into professional club academies, instead of youth club football.However, the Premier League had other plans…In 2011 English youth football had an even more drastic overhaul in the shape of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP). Changes from the Charter of Quality included:
A 4 tier Category System (1 being the highest)
Changes to the scouting area restrictions allowing Category 1 clubs to recruit throughout the country
A compensation structure to ensure smaller clubs receive relative compensation for youth players who leave for a bigger club
In the past, youth academies had a strict catchment area in which they could recruit their players. However, due to the Premier Leagues Elite Player Performance Plan, this is no longer the case for the top academies.

Seems it used to be the case but of course the Premier League bring in their own rules.
Good luck to him.

From memory, the PL clubs basically forced the Football League clubs to accept this or they'd share even less of the PL wealth with them. No doubt led by the same scumbag club owners who wanted to join the European Super League a little later.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back