• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Obafemi Out - Gelhardt & Barnes in

Some esteemed posters on here will argue the the Yanks are turning us into a well run club but when each year that passes and we flog off more and more of the family silver eventually we'll be a well run league one/two club

Gelhartd apparently on mega wages which are being covered by Sunderland, can’t afford these types of loans any longer.

Risc said:
Gelhartd apparently on mega wages which are being covered by Sunderland, can’t afford these types of loans any longer.

Its confirmed gelhardt gone to Sunderland.

Blackpooljack said:
Some esteemed posters on here will argue the the Yanks are turning us into a well run club but when each year that passes and we flog off more and more of the family silver eventually we'll be a well run league one/two club

Ain't that the truth.... The spiral of diminishing returns.

I can't say the thought of Ashley Barnes fills me with any excitement at all? Is this a definite one or a 2+2 because Obafemi has gone to sulk up there!

Gelhardt I think could be a decent player but given he didn't show it in either game against Cardiff then it'sno great loss - my view here is if we are looking to loan a forward then we may as well stick with Whittaker, at least if he does a decent job his value goes up and that at least benefits us!

PSumbler said:
I can't say the thought of Ashley Barnes fills me with any excitement at all? Is this a definite one or a 2+2 because Obafemi has gone to sulk up there!

Gelhardt I think could be a decent player but given he didn't show it in either game against Cardiff then it'sno great loss - my view here is if we are looking to loan a forward then we may as well stick with Whittaker, at least if he does a decent job his value goes up and that at least benefits us!

I agree with that, much better use Whittaker for the rest of this season and free up the loan spots for some pacy wide players / forwards.

Addressing the lack of pace in the squad is the no;1 priority, imo.

PSumbler said:

Well if we are honest, we were probably never even near the running for Gelhardt, the lad who has been recalled from Hudds by Villa who you mentioned earlier is the market we are in Phil.

Agree on Whittaker aswell.

SplJack1 said:
I agree with that, much better use Whittaker for the rest of this season and free up the loan spots for some pacy wide players / forwards.

Addressing the lack of pace in the squad is the no;1 priority, imo.

I agree with you, but based on his team selections and transfer dealings so far, I don't think the manager does. :?

https://twitter.com/mcgrathmike/status/1619351798531383298?cxt=HHwWhIDT3bH4i_ksAAAA

Ashley Barnes didn’t come off the bench today for Burnley in their draw at Ipswich.

I'd look at Barnes as having the same effect that Christie had here. Albeit a different position, solid, hopefully reliable if not pulling up any trees.

So this is my prediction.
Paterson and Whittaker out for a tidy sum.
A couple of loan signings in late on Tuesday to keep the unwashed reasonably hopeful.
I doubt very much if Sky will be sending down a roving reporter to SA1 again this window.

At least Mindy and Oprah will be getting something out of it anyway 👍

Notice the wordings changed. Its now OPTION to buy.

Was previously OBLIGATION. Shambles

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back