• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ospreys recently

Dillwyn the Dog

First Team Player
Reaction score
I know it’s not a popular topic amongst our mainly non rugby appreciating brethren but my word they were fantastic against the Cape Stormers in Cape Town last night. A bonus point win was amazing and with mostly understudies playing due to injuries of some high profile players. Harry Deaves , James Ratti , Max Nagy and a host of others showing an abundance of class , skill and massive defensive resilience.

I watched them lose to a very strong Gloucester side last week but that was largely self inflicted. They beat a good Sale side in the previous round. Not only that but they beat the Lions (Transvaal) away scoring 38 points in the “European” challenge shield and have looked to have the ingredients for a superb team for next season.

It takes me back to when there was a clamour to disband the region even though they have been by miles the best since the formation of regional rugby in Wales. It’s funny how the clamours dies down when they are 15 points ahead of Cardiff, 24 points ahead of the Scarlets and 25 points clear of the WRU owned (I heard?) Dragons. All of a sudden no region is in danger.

Even if the region was to fall down the leagues it would be a massive injustice to sacrifice the Ospreys to keep the other three. The Dragons situation in particular shows favouritism and if the WRU hadn’t intervened would clearly have ceased trading. Any move to shut down the Ospreys should be a case for legal action angainst the WRU. And how do the Scarlets get away with being seemingly exempt?

After losing Glamorgan to Cardiff (and anywhere else there’s a patch of flat grass) - away from their traditional home of St Helens one could be forgiven in thinking that the WAG has far more influence in sport than we are led to believe and slowly want to eradicate Swansea from the annals of Welsh sport despite its history being undeniably superior.

Sorry to go on a rant in the last paragraph- maybe it’s paranoia but after the Cricket was annexed to Cardiff in the main due to their ridiculous aspirations to be the new Lords or Oval I fear that a successful region based in Swansea is not a desirable look for either the capital or the Gwent rugby mafia.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back