• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Pablo Hernandez

PencoedJack said:
After just 2 years with us & 4 with Leeds I'd of expected nothing less anyway.

Also was a huge goal for them.
The most important goal for us in the last sixteen years!

Mad_Mike said:
Let's face it though the guy is class.

He deserves to be in the Premier League.

Was a very good player for us.
Indeed he is Mike

Our win ratio is significantly lower when Pablo is unavailable, he controls/dictates our play & makes us tick.

Hernandez has been directly involved in 68 goals since his Leeds debut in August 2016, more than any other championship player (33 goals, 35 assists)

I believe he has one more season left in him to play in the premiership

I don't like using the word legend too much however Pablo has achieved legendary status at Leeds, he is definitely one of my sporting heroes

1964white said:
Mad_Mike said:

Indeed he is Mike

Our win ratio is significantly lower when Pablo is unavailable, he controls/dictates our play & makes us tick.

Hernandez has been directly involved in 68 goals since his Leeds debut in August 2016, more than any other championship player (33 goals, 35 assists)

I don't like using the word legend too much however Pablo has achieved legendary status at Leeds, he is definitely one of my sporting heroes

Big fan of Pablo but if he plays anything other than a bit part role for you next season, can only see you coming straight back down.

PencoedJack said:
1964white said:
Mad_Mike said:

Indeed he is Mike

Big fan of Pablo but if he plays anything other than a bit part role for you next season, can only see you coming straight back down.
Depends on the quality of signings during pre-season, won't be easy that's for sure, it's a case of consolidation for me Pencoed

He is fondly remembered by many but I seem to recall his endless injuries but I did see him score.

He is a class act now though and his quality shows but Prem League will find him out quickly.

71 appearances in his two seasons here. The issue was a series of minor injuries and the fact that he needed a few games to get up to speed each time.

Lovely footballer though. He's prepared to risk losing possession to play a pass that few others are capable of.

J_B said:
71 appearances in his two seasons here. The issue was a series of minor injuries and the fact that he needed a few games to get up to speed each time.

Lovely footballer though. He's prepared to risk losing possession to play a pass that few others are capable of.

That pass to Routledge against Cardiff was unreal.

J_B said:

Spot on J_B

Btw Argus is a great album, along with the Stones, Wishbone were my favourite band of the 70's

A masterclass display from our little Spanish magician at Derby today, controlled/dictated play & scored a wonderful goal

I don't often give a player the highest rating but this was a 10/10 performance from the little man, a legend imo!

Darran said:
He’s a good player but he wasn’t class for us because he gave the ball away far too much trying to play outrageous passes at a level where you can’t afford to give it away like you can in the Championship.
It’ll be interesting to see how he goes next season if he and Leeds United are in the top flight.

I tend to agree with that Darran, I often said when Pablo started for us he would nearly always play the best and worst passes of the game. I recall one game where he played a couple of passes where it wasn't actually possible to guess who he was aiming for! Inconsistent for us but capable of seeing and playing some extraordinary stuff though and when he was on song he was a joy to watch.

1964white said:
A masterclass display from our little Spanish magician at Derby today, controlled/dictated play & scored a wonderful goal

I don't often give a player the highest rating but this was a 10/10 performance from the little man, a legend imo!
The Leeds Pablo sometimes reminds me of David Silva, does he play more as an attacking midfielder these days as opposed to a winger ?

karnataka said:
Darran said:
He’s a good player but he wasn’t class for us because he gave the ball away far too much trying to play outrageous passes at a level where you can’t afford to give it away like you can in the Championship.
It’ll be interesting to see how he goes next season if he and Leeds United are in the top flight.

I tend to agree with that Darran, I often said when Pablo started for us he would nearly always play the best and worst passes of the game. I recall one game where he played a couple of passes where it wasn't actually possible to guess who he was aiming for! Inconsistent for us but capable of seeing and playing some extraordinary stuff though and when he was on song he was a joy to watch.
But he is (or at least was) a winger and that is often the case with wingers, they try to make things happen, take people on, try and play a killer pass, it's always been the way, often the better the winger the more likely that player is to be inconsistent, I remember Leighton James fantastic player in his day but he could have inconsistent days just like all wingers.

Trampie said:
1964white said:

The Leeds Pablo sometimes reminds me of David Silva, does he play more as an attacking midfielder these days as opposed to a winger ?
Yes since we signed Costa last summer, good comparison with Pablo's style of play which is similar to David Silva

Trampie said:
karnataka said:
Darran said:

But he is (or at least was) a winger and that is often the case with wingers, they try to make things happen, take people on, try and play a killer pass, it's always been the way, often the better the winger the more likely that player is to be inconsistent, I remember Leighton James fantastic player in his day but he could have inconsistent days just like all wingers.
Great point on wingers Trample, they are generally inconsistent although Pablo has been great for Leeds on the right-flank, thing is he plays all over the pitch, he's everywhere. Under Bielsa his game has improved as is the case with all our players, Hernandez is now a complete footballer, even his defensive play is great nowadays as these stats show from yesterday's game

98 touches (most) :star:
62 successful passes
32/37 succ. final third passes (most) :star:
16/18 successful long passes
5 chances created (most) :star:
5 ball recoveries
5 duels won
3 successful take-ons (most) :star:
3 crosses (most) :star:
2 shots on-target
1 goal :star:

Unsure what Pablo was like defensively at Swansea but 5 ball recoveries + 5 duels won says it all about his game these days

All achieved after the celebrations on Friday, he is known as the quiet man in the dressing-room, nothing like as he was p*ssed as a newt singing the Patrick Bamford song waving a shirt in the air :D

I'm gonna miss him when he retires :(

karnataka said:
Darran said:

Playing at a higher level then, not inconsistent for Leeds though he has been great for us, we miss Pablo when he is out injured

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back