• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Peter Gabriel

Muteswan

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Born today in 1950. Fantastic artist and performer. Genesis poorer without him.

Genesis were much better without him. My opinion of course. Other views are equally valid. Just wrong. :ROFLMAO:

One of his weakest. Try red rain, or here comes the flood.

And as for our Wildfowler philistine…Abacab better than Suppers Ready? I can’t f*****g dance better than Cinema Show? Away back to Clase with you!
Hell yes. Neither of those songs are 20 minute art student wankfests like most of Gabriel’s Genesis nonsense.

Born today in 1950. Fantastic artist and performer. Genesis poorer without him.

I don't think Banks, Rutherford and Collins ended up poorer! 😂 But musically, IMO, they certainly lost a significant amount of the imagination which had made them stand out during their Gabriel period. 70-74, they were probably my favourite prog band in preference to Yes and I saw them live many times but that balance shifted somewhat when Yes released Relayer in '74 and permanently when PG left Genesis the following year. I thought some of the post-PG Genesis stuff was OK but for me, they'd lost a lot of what had made them different.

Hell yes. Neither of those songs are 20 minute art student wankfests like most of Gabriel’s Genesis nonsense.
Er, "Supper's Ready" is the ONLY Genesis 20+ minute track ever so despite your assertion that most of Gabriel's Genesis stuff consisted of "20 minute art student wankfests", the fact is that, with only one exception in 6 entire studio albums or 7 if you count Lamb as 2, every single track was nowhere near that length with only 2 just about getting past 11 minutes. Looks like you've had a Badenoch moment there. 😂 😂

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back