• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

PGMOL apologise to Sheffield Wednesday for Swans penalty

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Sheffield Wednesday manager Xisco Munoz says that their club have received an apology from PGMOL to say that the Swans opener in the 3-0 win in SA1 was not a penalty. Jamal Lowe scored from the resulting penalty kick to set the Swans on their way to a first league win of the season – Lowe’s goal...

Read more

I have to say, this is the most ridiculous utterance from a so call professional body ive heard for a long time. It’s right up there with the lying Boris Johnson prime minister, telling the House of Commons that “all guidance was followed completely in No 10” concerning covid measures and “Partygate”
My flabber has never been soo gasted !
It’s as clear as day to every man and his dog, (when you watch it on the highlights) that the defender obviously gripped a handful of Yates jersey to prevent him scoring.
He was the last man, so should have had a straight red card as well.
PGMOL Apologising, What a complete fek up by all concerned!!

Whaleoilbeefhooked said:
I have to say, this is the most ridiculous utterance from a so call professional body ive heard for a long time. It’s right up there with the lying Boris Johnson prime minister, telling the House of Commons that “all guidance was followed completely in No 10” concerning covid measures and “Partygate”
My flabber has never been soo gasted !
It’s as clear as day to every man and his dog, (when you watch it on the highlights) that the defender obviously gripped a handful of Yates jersey to prevent him scoring.
He was the last man, so should have had a straight red card as well.
PGMOL Apologising, What a complete fek up by all concerned!!

Indeed. I feel your outrage. But this was the Ginelly one 😆

Still a bloody clear penalty though. When do we get the zillion apologies for penalties not given, or Rashford and Alli blatantly cheating to get penalties.

Back in the day, when the opposition manager in his post match interview moaned that it wasn't a penalty, the home manager's usual response was "have a look at the football results in the newspaper tomorrow, and you'll see if it was a penalty or not".

So Mr Munoz, have a look at the results for that weekend. I did, and it still says
Swansea City 3 Sheffield Wed 0.

This was posted by a neutral fan visiting the game.

Best angle I've seen. Watch at 2.25

Obvious penalty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxS3_9QcomQ&t=18s

But why? I know Ginnelly made a meal of it and threw himself down but you can clearly see his shirt being pulled in the replay.

An apology for that decision? Which was pretty clear to us as Swans fans and which at most could be classed as a 50/50 decision.

Makes me wonder what we'd get from PGMOL if Madley's ridiculous penalty against Stoke happened today. Would we get the apology and some very expensive jewellery?

monmouth said:
Indeed. I feel your outrage. But this was the Ginelly one 😆

Still a bloody clear penalty though. When do we get the zillion apologies for penalties not given, or Rashford and Alli blatantly cheating to get penalties.
Oh blinking ekk ! 😳

I'm still flicking through the list of apologies we had after Citeh cheated their way to knock us outa the cup.
I know....I should let it go.

sainthelens said:
I'm still flicking through the list of apologies we had after Citeh cheated their way to knock us outa the cup.
I know....I should let it go.

I’m with you on this one, I struggle to let that one pass.

Muteswan said:
I’m with you on this one, I struggle to let that one pass.

I think we'd have won it that year too.

Yep, add me to the list.

They may have had a conversation with him, but the idea they apologized as it was never a penalty is a load of bollocks.

It looked cheap on first glance, but you can clearly see the hard pull on Ginelly's shorts from the ref's viewpoint.

FearOfAJackPlanet said:
They may have had a conversation with him, but the idea they apologized as it was never a penalty is a load of bollocks.

It looked cheap on first glance, but you can clearly see the hard pull on Ginelly's shorts from the ref's viewpoint.

Yeah, it's a possible little tug on his shorts. A soft one, but the sort you see given often enough. Ginelly makes it worse with the theatrical swan dive, but if he was pulled back it's a pen.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back