• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Piroe set to extend Swansea City stay

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
At the end of a week where Matt Grimes signed an extension to stay at Swansea City, news this evening suggests that Joel Piroe is about to do the same with a two year contract extension taking him to 2026. Speculation has been strong all summer that the striker was to depart the Swansea.com Stadium...

Read more

We need to find a place for him in this system that suits him then, because playing as a two with Yates and the more direct style that MD wants to play he feels a little bit lost and the game goes past him for huge periods.

bakajack said:
We need to find a place for him in this system that suits him then, because playing as a two with Yates and the more direct style that MD wants to play he feels a little bit lost and the game goes past him for huge periods.

Agree.

I just hope that if he is staying, then he doesn't get frustrated with our style and his form suffering

bakajack said:

Well after watching the first two home games he will be lucky to get into double figures this season. When you have a striker that has scored over 40 goals in 2 seasons then the manager should be playing a system that suits his strengths, and getting players in the team that get the best out of Piroe.

cmajack said:
Well after watching the first two home games he will be lucky to get into double figures this season. When you have a striker that has scored over 40 goals in 2 seasons then the manager should be playing a system that suits his strengths, and getting players in the team that get the best out of Piroe.

I agree, balls played in the air to Piroe are a waste. We need someone playing between the midfield and Piroe who can get the ball and turn to pass it to his feet so he can do his usual tricks to try to get himself half a yard to get a shot away.

In theory it's great news but I just can't see him scoring the goals he has in the previous 2 seasons in this seasons team.

Hopefully I am wrong.

magicdaps10 said:
In theory it's great news but I just can't see him scoring the goals he has in the previous 2 seasons in this seasons team.

Hopefully I am wrong.

I imagine you will be Dapsy, you normally are in fairness.

See how Nice To Michu broke this news this morning. No messing, no initials or I can't say nonsense, straight to the point.

That's why it's pointless listening to any other so called ITK'ers, apart from NTM and Phil S.

Let's be honest, Piroe often looked lost last season. His all round game as a line leading forward is lacking, which is probably why we haven't exactly been swamped with suitors despite his goal tally.

We'd be foolish not to slot him in as a #10 behind Yates, Ginelly or Myk.

WoL exercising caution on this news.

But as they do, this could be one of their many nothing clickbait reports.

On separate but related note. Where on earth does this leave the rumoured 2million striker we've just signed? Who has zero minutes in 3 league games so far (all of which we've been losing in)?

Neath_Jack said:
I imagine you will be Dapsy, you normally are in fairness.

See how Nice To Michu broke this news this morning. No messing, no initials or I can't say nonsense, straight to the point.

That's why it's pointless listening to any other so called ITK'ers, apart from NTM and Phil S.

Nobody is ever 100% on the money but I don’t post unless it’s that confident .

If Che Adam's leaves Sampton, bet yer life Joel be in Russ' pocket come Sept 1st.

Nice to Michu said:
Nobody is ever 100% on the money but I don’t post unless it’s that confident .

Fair play to you, you've got a long proven record for breaking exclusives.

I think I’d prefer £10 million if it were available from his sale… this system (what system!?) doesn’t seem to suit him at all… he looks lost in games at present.

Would better take money and reinvest.

Glad him signing a contract somewhat protects us financially tho.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back