• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Prince Andrew

Neath_Jack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Has tested positive for Covid, so will miss the Jubilee service tomorrow...

Andrew he is now mind.

Once the Queen dies, what will happen next?

I would like to see her palaces converted into flats and hospitality venues.

dickythorpe said:
Andrew he is now mind.

Once the Queen dies, what will happen next?

I would like to see her palaces converted into flats and hospitality venues.

Andrew will open up a palace and fill it full of under privileged teenage girls and front it as a charity.

Weird stuff. Was driving along the autobahn early in the morning yesterday listening to Farming Today - as one does - and the whole programme was handed over to sycophants who had met her. Kim Jong Un would have been envious. Nothing against Queenie or her daughter. The rest of the shower can feck off.

Longlostjack said:
Weird stuff. Was driving along the autobahn early in the morning yesterday listening to Farming Today - as one does - and the whole programme was handed over to sycophants who had met her. Kim Jong Un would have been envious. Nothing against Queenie or her daughter. The rest of the shower can feck off.

Possibly one of the reasons why you and I no longer live in Britain, Longy. Certainly is for me, I had to get out .
The country seems to have been gripped tightly by a collective insanity in the last 15 years or so. It now resembles a grisly episode of 'The League of Gentlemen'. The whole country has turned into Royston Vasey.
Get Brexit Done indeed. The whole feckin country has been done.

Pego, our transport infrastructure here in Wales is at best comedic.
It's absolutely appalling in 2022 that it takes so long to get to West Wales once you come over the bridge.
Getting up to the bridge can be a herculean task as well.
There's a lack of vision that filters through every council in this land

dickythorpe said:
Pego, our transport infrastructure here in Wales is at best comedic.
It's absolutely appalling in 2022 that it takes so long to get to West Wales once you come over the bridge.
Getting up to the bridge can be a herculean task as well.
There's a lack of vision that filters through every council in this land

You said it, Dicky. I'm not trying to make out that Spain is some paradise on earth, just that it hasn't seen the decimation of public services that Britain has over 15 years, and the differences are startling. Public services in the widest sense.
When I lived in Hereford, the roads deteriorated to the extent that they were a series of potholes held together by crumbling, uneven tarmac.
The roads here are superb. I've never seen a pothole here. The main north/south motorway in Costa Blanca, the A7, had all tolls removed last year. Its a superb road, and its backed up by top quality A roads and secondary roads. Driving here is a pleasure, and the maintenance is second to none.
Even on the roads around Pego town, it's a common site to see yellow safety vested council workers with push trolleys and big brooms, sweeping up debris off the streets and roads. Remember those? I doubt many British councils still employ workers like that after 15 years of Tory misrule. Thats a small example, I could go on and on. Access to GPs and dentists for example. My mother tells me trying to get an appointment at the Briton Ferry health centre is like trying to get an audience with the Pope. Here, in my small village of 400 people, there is a clinic which the GP attends two hours a day, five days a week, you can make an appointment online to see him within a week. When you see him, he spends as much time with you as you need, no in and out in 5 minutes, and testing is very thorough. If you need ongoing treatment, there's no problem being referred on to consultants at the main hospitals nearby, as I have been with the urologist for prostate trouble. I see him every 6 months for a check up, preceeded by a blood test at Pego health centre to test PSA levels. The service is exemplary. As a pensioner, my prescriptions are free, and I pick them up at the village pharmacy. The lady there can't do enough for you.
I'd recommend anyone approaching retirement to consider relocating here, except Brexit has made it 1000% harder for Brits. I'm so glad I made the leap when I did.

Pego, I wish you the best of health.
You seem to have made a great choice and live in a country where things work and there's civic pride

For all it's ills, the UK, and Wales in particular is an absolutely fantastic place to live. You could give me all the money in the world and my main residence will always be South Wales.

Win the lottery (unlikely, as I don't do it), I'd spend mot of the year in Tuscany.

Would still keep a place up here, and in Caswell.

For all its faults and there are a lot, we are very lucky to live in Britain. It’s on the whole,a very kind and nice place. I’m home for the weekend in Neath and was in the park yesterday, this chap fell off his mobile scooter, onto the floor. Immediately, at least, 7-8 people all ran over to make sure he was ok. We picked him up, put him back in his scooter. Chap from a shop came out with a cup of tea. I took my dad for breakfast on Thursday, think it was something like £7 for a really nice breakfast. The waitress went to get the bill for another customer and the owner, very quietly said to her ‘only charge him £3, he’s not much money’

Manchester is very much like Wales, get on the tram and get everyone talks to you, go to a local parkrun and see loads of kids volunteering, our nhs is still wonderful, I live in between the lakes and the peaks, just come back from the Gower, Scotland is stunning.

Hopefully Johnson is about to fall, there’s no doubt the level of racism has become more public since Brexit but overall most people are nice. I’ve seen the way my dad, who struggles to walk was looked after in the liberty and when I took him to see Wales. We still live in a nice, decent country.

Re Andrew. The SAS are very discrete

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back