• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Question for Pegojack

Longlostjack said:
Spanish elections. Would it be better for the Conservatives to get an absolute majority without the need to get into bed with the Fascists?

Yes, hate the Conservatives with a vengeance but hate the Fascists more.

Longlostjack said:
Yes - silly question on reflection. I wonder whether they do tactical voting in Spain.

No I don't think they would do tactical voting. The problem for me is that the Civil war & Franco is seldom spoken about by a lot of Spanish people as mostly they seem to want it swept under the carpet. Consequently the vast majority of Spanish people are too young to really understand what Franco did to the Country.

Vox is so pro - Francoist policies that it would be a step backwards to involve them in government.

Resolvenjack said:
No I don't think they would do tactical voting. The problem for me is that the Civil war & Franco is seldom spoken about by a lot of Spanish people as mostly they seem to want it swept under the carpet. Consequently the vast majority of Spanish people are too young to really understand what Franco did to the Country.

Vox is so pro - Francoist policies that it would be a step backwards to involve them in government.

I went to watch Barcelona v Werder Bremen in the CL. I was with John, a mate who’d lived in Madrid for a number of years. We got into a taxi and I saw that the traffic signs were in Catalan and Spanish. I asked the taxi driver about the Catalan language and he just gesticulated dismissively. He then said that he supported Royal Espanyol Barcelona and hoped Werder would win. John told me to best not ask why.

Longlost, as I sit here at three minutes to midnight local time, I am VERY glad to report that the combined forces of the Left have narrowly beaten the PP/Vox combination, and when the dust settles, Pedro Sanchez will be in government for another four years.
As a bonus, the Vox vote is 20% down. Bollucks to the Fascistas! Bollucks to the Spanish Tories! Are you watching, Rishi, because you're next!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back