• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russell Martin is going nowhere

Bryanswan said:
Are people really wanting Martin out? Or it just the usually unhappy suspects who have nothing better to do than to moan constantly.
He barely had a first window to bring players in, in my opinion he should be given this season and next to implement what he wants and bring in players he wants. Then judge him based on that.

Hopefully one of the players he wants will add some width, pace, creativity or all of the above. A younger Wayne Routledge woulve been perfect for this team.

One or two are.

Cooperman said:
Bryanswan said:
Are people really wanting Martin out? Or it just the usually unhappy suspects who have nothing better to do than to moan constantly.
He barely had a first window to bring players in, in my opinion he should be given this season and next to implement what he wants and bring in players he wants. Then judge him based on that.

Hopefully one of the players he wants will add some width, pace, creativity or all of the above. A younger Wayne Routledge woulve been perfect for this team.

One or two are.

I'll hold my hands and say I'm far from convinced of him, his past record at MKD's shouldn't be dismissed either and when we lose we tend to lose big, 4-1 v Forest, conceded 4 goals twice and 3 goals five times, no pace in us either which is a big concern and we move the ball to slow and dither with the ball in our own half far to much, its like we haven't got no idea, no leaders on the field or on the touchline at the times we need it. Grimes is no captain come match day, behind the scene's he may be different, but its on the field when things aren't going so well that, that leadership is needed.
Sorry but that's my opinion, so far, which leads me to give Martin 4/10 so far.

Darran said:
old cob said:
I think we have the players to be further up the table than we are, but to win you have to score more goals than the other side. Stating the obvious I know. The reason we don't do that is that we are more interested in playing in and around our own penalty area, giving the ball away,,, and conceding give-away goals, and how are the likes of Pato, Ntcham, and Piroe going to score whilst we are playing around in front of our own goal? Exciting football, to my mind, is wingers, crosses and shots at goal, not a dozen passes in your own half and only going backwards.

I agree with this but if we’d played and won both our games over the festive period we’d be up to 11th now and people would be much happier and a lot of the scaremongering is complete bollox.

Excellent, deep insightful analysis. Forum Football Champion, hands down. Looking forward to your equally insightful pre-match analyses for the Saints game.

And ofc, at the same time, the OP is spot on.

Martin is ofc going nowhere. He's regressing at an unheard of, unprecedented rate for our Club in recent history. Down to 16th and counting, with the very worst form in this league. Shocking stuff.

Totally unacceptable for the thinking, the investors, the decision makers.

Clearly all is fine n dandy for the unthinking herd here, heads bowed. Not even a bleat of discontent.

AndyCole said:
Darran said:
I agree with this but if we’d played and won both our games over the festive period we’d be up to 11th now and people would be much happier and a lot of the scaremongering is complete bollox.

Excellent, deep insightful analysis. Forum Football Champion, hands down. Looking forward to your equally insightful pre-match analyses for the Saints game.

And ofc, at the same time, the OP is spot on.

Martin is ofc going nowhere. He's regressing at an unheard of, unprecedented rate for our Club in recent history. Down to 16th and counting, with the very worst form in this league. Shocking stuff.

Totally unacceptable for the thinking, the investors, the decision makers.

Clearly all is fine n dandy for the unthinking herd here, heads bowed. Not even a bleat of discontent.

Could you please highlight the depth of analysis... or just stop your verbal diarrhea. Either would work but I suspect it would be an issue for you.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back