• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ryan Bennett

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Our top earning player hasn't been involved since he came on as a second half sub in our 5-1 hiding at Fulham in early March, haven't heard that he's injured ...

Still got a contract until the end of next season too.
Hemorrhaging money on this cart horse

As an aside, obviously we are not in the know, perhaps a question to RM at the next presser by a journo regarding the injury status/absence of a squad place recently of Ryan Bennett who is currently picking up just shy of 100k a month.

Swanjaxs said:
As an aside, obviously we are not in the know, perhaps a question to RM at the next presser by a journo regarding the injury status/absence of a squad place recently of Ryan Bennett who is currently picking up just shy of 100k a month.

I haven't seen any news or report of injury so you should prepare yourself for the generic answer of "yeah no, Ryan is in great shape, he's doing well in training and he'll be ready for his opportunity when we need him".

Cooperman said:
Swanjaxs said:

I haven't seen any news or report of injury so you should prepare yourself for the generic answer of "yeah no, Ryan is in great shape, he's doing well in training and he'll be ready for his opportunity when we need him".

Ryan Bennett not being anywhere near our backline is to be applauded, he's at very best a 5/10 a game player picking up a massive salary at Championship level.

Hopefully he's been frozen out, but at 100k a month and sitting on another 12 months contract, I doubt he's going anywhere soon

Cant blame Bennett for being on 25k a week. Blame the clown who agreed to it.

sainthelens said:

Contracts work both ways. He's perfectly entitled to see it out if wants to.

sainthelens said:

At least Martin can plead not guilty to that one.

Seems the type that would suit them up the road. But gotta feeling they won't be paying 25 quid a week let alone 25k the state their in.

Swanjaxs said:
Cooperman said:

Ryan Bennett not being anywhere near our backline is to be applauded, he's at very best a 5/10 a game player picking up a massive salary at Championship level.

Hopefully he's been frozen out, but at 100k a month and sitting on another 12 months contract, I doubt he's going anywhere soon

There's a team out there for him, it's just not in South Wales. I don't doubt his defensive capability if he plays in a different colour shirt.

Why would he leave with the money he's on, at this stage of his career?

He can sit it out last season of his contract, earn mega money, and get a signing on fee for a championship/league one side to see out his career probably closer to home.

As Chief says, contracts work both ways.

Cooperman said:
There's a team out there for him, it's just not in South Wales. I don't doubt his defensive capability if he plays in a different colour shirt.

Yep. The guy has had an excellent career and was more than decent for us for two years under Cooper. We just play a different way now. That doesn't make him a "carthorse", just unsuitable. If we changed to a flat back four he'd probably do us fine again.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back