• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Safe Standing

Neath_Jack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Looks like we’re having safe standing next season. Just had an email from the club saying my seat is in the area that will become safe standing.

They’re also putting a section in the away end as well.

Neath_Jack said:
Looks like we’re having safe standing next season. Just had an email from the club saying my seat is in the area that will become safe standing.

Aye, me too.
Odd tho, cos nobody ever sits down there anyway.

sainthelens said:
Aye, me too.
Odd tho, cos nobody ever sits down there anyway.

So that means that finally they’re replacing ‘unsafe standing’ with ‘safe standing’. Some people like to sit and some like to stand, they should cater for all.

airedale said:
So that means that finally they’re replacing ‘unsafe standing’ with ‘safe standing’. Some people like to sit and some like to stand, they should cater for all.

So if the “larger sized” person in front of someone who is an older supporter and prefers to sit, decides to stand for the whole match , which supporter has to apply for a different seat?
I’m not against safe standing at all, as long as everyone in that area of seating agrees. I don’t sit in the East - North end, I’m in the East -South end so I’m hoping it won’t be near me. I’ve not had an email from the club.
So catering for all may not be as simple as just designating a particular area as Safe standing. The likelihood is it will be the northeast that would be the area and I’m assuming most who sit/stand there will be happy with this arrangement.

Neath_Jack said:

Could I ask which area you have your seat in, please?

Muteswan said:
So if the “larger sized” person in front of someone who is an older supporter and prefers to sit, decides to stand for the whole match , which supporter has to apply for a different seat?
I’m not against safe standing at all, as long as everyone in that area of seating agrees. I don’t sit in the East - North end, I’m in the East -South end so I’m hoping it won’t be near me. I’ve not had an email from the club.
So catering for all may not be as simple as just designating a particular area as Safe standing. The likelihood is it will be the northeast that would be the area and I’m assuming most who sit/stand there will be happy with this arrangement.

They've offered those that don't want to be in the area the chance to move elsewhere.

Muteswan said:
Could I ask which area you have your seat in, please?

Very top row (Y) in line with the edge of the box. Not far from th drummer.

Neath_Jack said:
They've offered those that don't want to be in the area the chance to move elsewhere.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Independent barriers will be installed in the following blocks for home supporters: NU7, NU8, NU9, EU1, EU2, EU3 and EU4. Their introduction will affect 1,431 seats among sections for home supporters, as well as around 500 seats for away fans.

For me they should bring back the terraces not this half way house. Never been the same since.

Same here looking forward to it, not that I sit down now mind..

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back