• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Coventry City | EFL Championship | Good Friday 7th April

What will the result be against Coventry City?

• Swans Win

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Coventry win

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Decent performance, 2 chances not taken just after the break and Pato late on should have won it. We were a touch more direct than normal.

sainthelens said:
Decent performance, 2 chances not taken just after the break and Pato late on should have won it. We were a touch more direct than normal.

Aye. We had to be direct as playing around them wasn't working. There are games when it suits us.

DJack said:
Aye. We had to be direct as playing around them wasn't working. There are games when it suits us.

Disappointed in Cov tbh. For a side that had to win , was expecting the kitchen sink.
Bit annoying cos if wed have just won 3,/4 more games in which we've spunked away today could have been different.

sainthelens said:

Fully agree. A competitive game where we were up for the physical battle. A clean sheet for once and well done The Fish. Walsh is like a new signing. Those who criticise Cundle lose sight of his movement and workrate. Also good to see Ntcham putting a shift in in two halves. Best away support of the year and nice to restrict Gyokores to diving and moaning. Well done boys.

After yet another dreadful 3 hour journey, managed to get there at about 2.40pm. First 15 minutes was awful until we noticed there was another half a pitch not too far away. We played some nice stuff from time to time but looked like a team who knew that winning the last 2 games probably makes us safe and has taken a lot of pressure off. We didn't make any signings in January but having Walsh fit is like having a new player and he was excellent throughout. Maybe he was the only player with something to prove. It also looks to me like his presence has sparked a bit of life into Ntcham who now has a player in the team on his wavelength. It feels strange to say that Fisher kept us in the game on 2 occasions but he did. Expected more from Coventry as they still have an outside chance of the playoffs. Maybe they are a bit too reliant on Gyokeres as our defence kept him relatively quiet for most of the game which is probably why they didn't look like a team with playoff aspirations. A draw probably a fair result overall but I'd rather it had been 4-4. Journey home was ok despite my satnav saying there was something en route adding about 1/2 hour to my normal journey time when I was setting off but fortunately, whatever it was had cleared by the time I got to wherever it had been.

karnataka said:
After yet another dreadful 3 hour journey, managed to get there at about 2.40pm. First 15 minutes was awful until we noticed there was another half a pitch not too far away. We played some nice stuff from time to time but looked like a team who knew that winning the last 2 games probably makes us safe and has taken a lot of pressure off. We didn't make any signings in January but having Walsh fit is like having a new player and he was excellent throughout. Maybe he was the only player with something to prove. It also looks to me like his presence has sparked a bit of life into Ntcham who now has a player in the team on his wavelength. It feels strange to say that Fisher kept us in the game on 2 occasions but he did. Expected more from Coventry as they still have an outside chance of the playoffs. Maybe they are a bit too reliant on Gyokeres as our defence kept him relatively quiet for most of the game which is probably why they didn't look like a team with playoff aspirations. A draw probably a fair result overall but I'd rather it had been 4-4. Journey home was ok despite my satnav saying there was something en route adding about 1/2 hour to my normal journey time when I was setting off but fortunately, whatever it was had cleared by the time I got to wherever it had been.
I was in a similar situation as well its usually a 2 hour and 10 minutes from where I live but took 3 and a half for a nil nil

Naff for me again given how easy to say after our season ended last week. Even so; it was exactly the same guff that saw us move without penetration against a team that shows how dreadful this league's standard is.

Worrying hearing the chatter around too; sounds like Russ is back in everyone's good books after pulling his doube card again.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back