• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 | The Official Match Thread | Wigan Athletic v Swansea City | EFL Championship | 10.4.23

What will the result be against Wigan

• Wigan win

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Swans win

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good win, could have been more comfortable with the pen and hitting the post in the first half but we mostly kept them at arms length other than one good save from Fish. Can’t believe I’m saying it given where we were a few weeks ago but a top half finish doesn’t look impossible.

Cardiff are definitely getting saved by Reading’s points deduction aren’t they?

They’ve also got to go to Burnley on the last day and they’re playing Stoke who’ve been on a great run. They’ll probably need their wins from Rotherham and Huddersfield.

Decent win/performance against dire opposition. Wouldn't wanna get carried away by it tho. Anything but a win v them would have been desperate.
As for our cousins, I can't decide more who I'd like to see finish em. Colin or Conor giving it large last game. The agony of choice eh.

Good to keep the run going. Thought Whittaker was nailed on come on for Ntcham instead of Darling. I guess he has no future with us

JackFish said:
They’ve also got to go to Burnley on the last day and they’re playing Stoke who’ve been on a great run. They’ll probably need their wins from Rotherham and Huddersfield.

Or will it ever get better than Ben's 99 being the one that did it.

Comfortable win. At times thought we looked sloppy and lazy but still too good for Wigan. If we'd have applied ourselves we could have put double figures on them and there were a few moments second half where we nearly let them back in the game.

But its been a busy period and a wins a win. And takes it to 10 points from last 12 which is tremendous.

Ringwood Jack said:
Good to keep the run going. Thought Whittaker was nailed on come on for Ntcham instead of Darling. I guess he has no future with us

Don't think you can read too much into that. We'd become sloppy and weren't really pushing to score more goals so going to a more defensive formation to see the game out may have been the intention rather than let them back into it.

Chief said:
Comfortable win. At times thought we looked sloppy and lazy but still too good for Wigan. If we'd have applied ourselves we could have put double figures on them and there were a few moments second half where we nearly let them back in the game.

But its been a busy period and a wins a win. And takes it to 10 points from last 12 which is tremendous.

I agree with that apart from double figurers :)

Very comfortable for most of the game and maybe could have been 4 or even 5.

Once we set back more, we did invite those mistakes to happen, but performances have improved so let's hope it continues.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back