• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 The Official Swansea v Wigan Match Thread

What will the result be against Wigan?

• Swans win

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Wigan win

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3swan said:
BBC report

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63436037

The Welsh club were short of their best, but continued their impressive record of coming from behind to take points this season - they now have 12, most in the Championship - thanks to a battling performance.

Some might read that as a good stat, but isn't it the case we don't start playing until we are losing?

It's just papering over the cracks but it'll be spun as the best thing since sliced bread.

3swan said:
Russell post match Bingo.

We weren't where we wanted to be in the first half.
The players showed courage to get back into the game
Cut out the individual mistakes and we can show what we can do

"Beaudiere was great, what a captain, deserves a new contract; we're looking to buy 'Nola for 5 million in January".

"I really liked us in the second half, that's the way I want us to play".

monmouth said:
"Beaudiere was great, what a captain, deserves a new contract; we're looking to buy 'Nola for 5 million in January".

"I really liked us in the second half, that's the way I want us to play".

Script nearly written :D

I'm really annoyed with him now. Not as annoyed as I'd be if I'd travelled, but still really annoyed. His idea of football, team shape, team selection and team tactics is deeply flawed. When he hits on something that works, he can't wait to reverse it. Fisho will be back in goal before long.

3swan said:
3 attempts on target 4 for Wigan.

Against a team who were in the bottom 3

Birmingham in the week - oh dear

Bottom club Huddersfield next Saturday 0-0 anyone?

I thought the four games before the WC break were all winnable, now I am not sure!

Taking Oxo Flex off who looked our only threat is laughable

Having watched the Sheff U Burnley game and then watching our version of walking football (which I thought was started for people my age to play). I'm genuinely lost for words as to where we are going and how we are so far up the table.

Why has Martin reverted back to original philosophy? Wins a few games and changes it back to negative possession football, Joel L non stop keeps getting picked Sorinola getting picked, Fin Stevens a genuine RB can’t get a look in? Martin made a comment at the fans forum and made it out to be a joke when someone asked him if he told Fulton not to shoot against Reading to which Martin said of course I wanted him to pass, he’s making it out to be a joke but that’s his way of thinking, he doesn’t want us shooting outside the box, he wants the perfect passing team goal, he waved his arms about the other night at Preston when we had a shot outside the box.

Russell post match Bingo.

We weren't where we wanted to be in the first half.
The players showed courage to get back into the game
Cut out the individual mistakes and we can show what we can do.

RM

We started slowly against Bristol, Preston and today.
It takes a big courage to come back in the way the players did
we are letting goals in from individual errors
we are close to being the team everyone wants us to be.

A see her was having a little dig at the crowd for getting on the team's back in his post match arse gravy

We're ninth in the division, which to me seems about right.

The pattern that seems to have developed over the last month or so is:-

1/. Pick the wrong team mostly by dropping a few players who have done well and reinstating those who have done little to deserve it
2/. Play the 1st half with lifeless, pedestrian, negative football
3/. Concede a first half goal (Preston, Bristol City, Watford) or 2 goals (Reading, Wigan)
4/. Up the tempo 2nd half, make a few subs and/or change shape
5/. Score a goal (Bristol City) or 2 (Watford, Wigan) or 3 (Reading) or none (Preston) depending on how 4/ above pans out

Surely no manager would use that as a template for a game plan but it's happening far too regularly to be chance? And if it was chance, surely the manager would sort it out as it's clearly a shite plan whoever is responsible. There were a couple of games which didn't follow that pattern - Burnley because we were as bad 2nd half as we'd been 1st half and Cardiff because their early red changed their tactics. The only other game was Sunderland where we inexplicably scored a 1st half goal.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back