• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Middlesbrough FC | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Middlesbrough?

• Swans win

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Middlesbrough win

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bakajack said:
Agree completely. The player who was linking everything together we took off and we looked lost ever since going forward.

He had taken a bad knock moments before and was limping as he went off.

But what can you say about that? We're our own worst enemies. Rushworth should have played the percentage and put his laces through the back pass.

We desperately need that new manager to come in and sort this shower out.

We’re in a right old scrap if we can’t stop giving away these terrible goals. Probably are even if we stop giving away terrible goals. That was a game we should have won. Nem manager please. One that knows how to organise a defence, can pick a decent team and make the right substitutions at the right time.

Oh, and NOT PLAY GRIMES AND FULTON TOGETHER. Even try it without either for once.

1-2 final score.

Sheehan showed his inexperience as a matchday manager for me.
Took off our best player and instead didn't address the terrible pairing in the middle of Grimes and Fulton.
Left bringing on Bolasie and Yates for the 83rd minute when we were chasing a goal.

Cabango should never be a starting defender for me, his positional fuck up cost us the first goal and even though plenty of blame can be laid at Rushworth for picking up the ball after that you have to defend the indirect free kick correctly and he left the near post.

We actually had a worse attack with all attacking players on the field. Our midfield doesn't know how to pass a ball forward.

Our biggest problem right now is "neat and tidy"
When you got three central defenders AND two holding midfielders and all they are doing is playing neat triangles with each other and never playing with their heads up then you will always struggle. Especially if when you DO break the lines you then go "neat and tidy" again and pass it straight back into the crowd

Our players need to learn when the line is broken and when you attack and don't give them time to organise again

And people blame duff, what ever manager comes in is going to struggle with this bag of shit squad.

bakajack said:
Our biggest problem right now is "neat and tidy"
When you got three central defenders AND two holding midfielders and all they are doing is playing neat triangles with each other and never playing with their heads up then you will always struggle. Especially if when you DO break the lines you then go "neat and tidy" again and pass it straight back into the crowd

Our players need to learn when the line is broken and when you attack and don't give them time to organise again

Our biggest problem is that we're genuinely terrible in all areas, and have been for some time. Duff wasn't the problem, this squad was the problem and our new manager better come in and have hard talks that may cause some hurt feelings.

bakajack said:
Moronic from Grimes there.

The most overrated player for us in years.

Reminds me of latter day Ramsey for Wales. Game after game where he’s utterly anonymous and yet the commentary and some supporters fawn over him.

Him and Fulton in the middle are absolutely dreadful together. Game after game.

Walsh was the one bright spark and off he comes to leave that pair on the pitch.

Plus Patterson is another one. What does he actually create? Just flatters to deceive game after game.

And the back pass was ridiculous. Why on Earth did Rushworth pick that up? Having said that, he’s the best keeper we’ve had for ages so he’s allowed the odd one.

Summed up for me though when we were two one down, six or so minutes left, and we spent two minutes passing around at the back.

This team are absolutely dreadful at the moment.

Good luck to the club in selling those early bird season tickets at an 11% hike this season. Still, we have a spangly ‘head of strategy’ I suppose so there is that to keep every9ne positive.

Here’s a strategy - appoint a manager that has a clue.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
And people blame duff, what ever manager comes in is going to struggle with this bag of s**t squad.

Lets not rewrite history there was plenty that could be laid at Duff's feet too.
Unfortunately two years of Russball was coached the attacking instincts out of many of our players who are still always looking for the safe ball that retains possession.

No mistake though will be a hard job for who comes in.

Londonlisa2001 said:
The most overrated player for us in years.

Reminds me of latter day Ramsey for Wales. Game after game where he’s utterly anonymous and yet the commentary and some supporters fawn over him.

Him and Fulton in the middle are absolutely dreadful together. Game after game.

I wouldn't call him the most overrated player in years, he was certainly a player who always played heads up and looked to thread passes and play it into space in Potter's season with us. Cooper tempered that somewhat with his emphasis on shape shape shape

Martin then killed that side of him even further with his possession obsession. You still see glimpses of that side of him every now and then and thats what most fans hope to see more but its been four and a half seasons now where he has been told not to play that way.

I do agree though that he isn't the second coming but he isn't as bad as some think either. The expansive passing player is in there but the hardest job for any coach right now is bringing it out of him after four years of having those attacking instincts being squashed.

Pegojack said:
He had taken a bad knock moments before and was limping as he went off.

But what can you say about that? We're our own worst enemies. Rushworth should have played the percentage and put his laces through the back pass.

We desperately need that new manager to come in and sort this shower out.

Looking at the bench today we’ve got a really decent squad. Just need a manager that knows how to use it.

bakajack said:
I wouldn't call him the most overrated player in years, he was certainly a player who always played heads up and looked to thread passes and play it into space in Potter's season with us. Cooper tempered that somewhat with his emphasis on shape shape shape

Martin then killed that side of him even further with his possession obsession. You still see glimpses of that side of him every now and then and thats what most fans hope to see more but its been four and a half seasons now where he has been told not to play that way.

I do agree though that he isn't the second coming but he isn't as bad as some think either. The expansive passing player is in there but the hardest job for any coach right now is bringing it out of him after four years of having those attacking instincts being squashed.

But that’s back to the Ramsey comparison. He’s being judged based on what he was like years ago. It’s the best part of five years since Potter and four since the first Cooper season when he first became captain if I remember correctly.

I am not saying he’s the worst player, I’m saying he’s the most overrated. The gap between what he actually produces and how he is spoken about (by commentators and some fans) is wider than for anyone else that we’ve had in years.

bakajack said:

He just doesn't see the pictures well enough, he's fit, technically ok.. but he needs players to make certain runs that'll improve his game, if we do start with Bolasie and Lowe, we've got the potential to make these runs correctly.. then Grimes head might switch on and actually thread these balls more often, anyone can do the easy 5 yard pass, and he does it too much, he needs to drive with the ball more, instead of getting rid whilst on the ball, stop, pick your head up more, midfield is the area where there's more space

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back