• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Seems we've been paying two managers?

Bluenile

First Team Player
Reaction score
Article in the press today (The Guardian) says Forest have agreed compensation to us of £1.2 million for Cooper. Seems he was still being paid by us, as well as us paying RM!

It's fairly standard practice when a manager gets the chop that they either get their contract paid up or end up on Gardening Leave until someone else wants them.

Have to say 1.2 mill isn't too bad a pick up. That's if he e signs of course.

Dr. Winston said:
It's fairly standard practice when a manager gets the chop that they either get their contract paid up or end up on Gardening Leave until someone else wants them.

Indeed. I’m amazed that people don’t understand that him leaving by mutual consent would mean anything other than a compromise agreement that can take any form. Could be a lump sum, could be a continued payment. He had a contract that both parties agreed to break. Doesn’t mean he didn’t run away, coward that he is, and doesn’t mean that the club wasn’t happy for him to run away, knowing he wasn’t going to succeed and would soon be booed out anyway.

In this case the club might have gambled that, rather than pay a commuted lump sum, someone else will be stupid and desperate enough to pick up the sap while his press and Sky myth is still credible (Swansea played good football, he is a miracle worker with no money, he is good at developing a clubs youngsters…all laughable). It looks like the gamble might pay off and the payments might be mitigated by Florist. He will actually ‘save’ them from relegation too, not that they should be there. Hughton did an astonishingly bad job.

Dr. Winston said:

Still, you'd think we'd be have willingly let him go on a free just to get him off the books. The prospect of bagging a million quid in the process is a nice little surprise

BLAZE said:
Still, you'd think we'd be have willingly let him go on a free just to get him off the books. The prospect of bagging a million quid in the process is a nice little surprise

If it's worked out as reported it's actually pretty savvy by us.

Indeed. Credit to Winter possibly? If Birch pulled this off there'd be people fawning over him

Darran said:
I still don’t understand why we are owed compo mind.

He's still contracted to Swansea

We aren't necessarily owed anything. Forest could tell us to get stuffed and we'd probably still let him go for free because it gets his wages off the books. Actually getting a fee for him would be great business

BLAZE said:
Darran said:
I still don’t understand why we are owed compo mind.

We aren't necessarily owed anything. Forest could tell us to get stuffed and we'd probably still let him go for free because it gets his wages off the books. Actually getting a fee for him would be great business

It’s weird. We don’t want him but we are getting compo. I don’t get it at all.

Darran said:
BLAZE said:

Unusual for sure. Getting it from a third party in particular. It must be a very tight contractual clause, and they must want him very much, and he must be getting a pay rise and think nothing better will turn up, and we must be prepared for them to pull the plug. Or the reports are just bollocks of course and we just save the compo that we had agreed with him.

monmouth said:
Darran said:

Unusual for sure. Getting it from a third party in particular. It must be a very tight contractual clause, and they must want him very much, and he must be getting a pay rise and think nothing better will turn up, and we must be prepared for them to pull the plug. Or the reports are just bollocks of course and we just save the compo that we had agreed with him.

Thank you for agreeing it’s unusual. All these experts get on my f*cking tits.

I believe the same thing happened with Paulo Souza. He had a bit of gardening leave then Leicester bought him out of his contract with us. I could be mistaken for another manager though. Maybe Paul Clements?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back