• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Should Saturdays game go ahead

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
This is probably more a political post than a football post and I’m not advocating for the game gets called off but people from Covid hotspots are banned from travelling from England into Wales.
Yes I know people are supposedly allowed to travel for work but there’s going to be around 50 people travelling from West Yorkshire which is a Covid hotspot into Swansea on Saturday and in theory it sounds like utter madness and goes against everything the Welsh government is saying.

Get your point but I would guess that those 50 people are regularly tested for the virus, unlike just a random mob of people on a coach holiday.

But Swansea is a COVID hotspot too. What that Drakeford bloke is saying is keep Johnny Hotspot Foreigners out of our low COVID occurrence areas.

Everyone travelling with Huddersfield Town is in the Covid bubble and all are tested regularly. No problem.

BlasterJack said:
Get your point but I would guess that those 50 people are regularly tested for the virus, unlike just a random mob of people on a coach holiday.

This

Why do people think they are tested regular? They don’t test EFL Players/staff anymore unless they show symptoms

Johnjack said:
Why do people think they are tested regular? They don’t test EFL Players/staff anymore unless they show symptoms

Even if they are tested it's only like a car MOT. They are negative while they are tested but could catch it 2 minutes later. The chances of them having it are less but doesn't guarantee that they are ok when playing.

People from England can travel to Wales (Drakeford is going to ry to prevent travel from Boris' medium and high areas on Friday).
There is no restriction on ravelling to work.
Should the game be called off? Not if they maintain the rules.
I'd be testing our players though ... if we couldn't fulfil a future fixture because English clubs bought the virus I'd be really annoyed if we got docked points.

Darran said:
PSumbler said:

What about the journos that are travelling?

That's a different question altogether. You could still play a game of football without any in-situ journalist coverage.
Stop nit picking :lol:

BlasterJack said:
Darran said:
What about the journos that are travelling?

That's a different question altogether. You could still play a game of football without any in-situ journalist coverage.
Stop nit picking :lol:

I’m not I think it’s a very valid question.

Darran said:
PSumbler said:
Travelling for work - an acceptable reason I believe

Yes we know it’s for work ffs but they could still be spreading the plague.

Yes you are right. As could you have been wherever you have been today

:arrow:
PSumbler said:
Darran said:
Yes we know it’s for work ffs but they could still be spreading the plague.

Yes you are right. As could you have been wherever you have been today

Tesco Express have just announced a scruffy individual has become the latest super spreader in their store in Briton Ferry as it happens

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back