• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Spencer Davis

Sad news.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/sixties-music-legend-who-gave-19135505.amp?__twitter_impression=true

They were definitely one of my elder sister's faves in mid-60s so I was quite familiar with their stuff from a relatively early age.

RIP
:cry:

Spencer was a Gors Avenue boy, his dad worked for the GPO on Heol y Gors.

Great memories as a teenager living in Townhill in the 1960's, when my mate knocked my door and said we had to run down the Gors because Spencer Davis was home. When we got down there, sitting on the wall was Spencer Davis, Stevie and Muff Winwood. I was totally gobsmacked to see these 3 sitting there, but they were total gents and talked to us youngsters for ages.

As I said, great memories.

RIP Spencer. YJB.

TheLoneRanger said:

Great memories as a teenager living in Townhill in the 1960's, when my mate knocked my door and said we had to run down the Gors because Spencer Davis was home. When we got down there, sitting on the wall was Spencer Davis, Stevie and Muff Winwood. I was totally gobsmacked to see these 3 sitting there, but they were total gents and talked to us youngsters for ages.

RIP Spencer. YJB.

What a great story.

His music brought pleasure and happiness to millions, including myself, Gimme Some Lovin is my favourite Spencer Davis song.

RIP.

TheLoneRanger said:

RIP Spencer. YJB.

I worked with his Dad when I first started with the GPO about 1970. He would always talk about him proudly, but not showy.
RIP.

Less than 8 years after Spencer was born, Peter Ham was born just up the road in Gwent Gardens (Keyhole).

Two Swansea lads who became famous, but both tucked up by the music industry, one to die tragically.

Peter (Piggy) lived just around the corner from where I live, and his first port of call when he came home for a visit, was a pint in the Gors Inn. Another lovely guy taken too soon!!!

"You can take the boy out of Swansea, but you can't take Swansea out of the boy."

RIP.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back