• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

SPOTY

Best_loser said:
Should be Hamilton but its a public vote and he is not that popular, even motor heads don't like him, as most of them are daily mail reading brexiters who would prefer him to be white

Tyson fury looks good value at 8/1

Maybe give it to the Mechanics and engineers who give LH an advantage over the rest of the field.

MrSwerve said:
I’m amazed that Marcus Rashford isn’t on there, due to his political stuff this year?

I know it’s not all about what the person has archived in his/her particular sporting field, but ffs Rashford is nothing more than an average football player.

For me, it should be either Lewis or Ronnie. Lewis is a bit dull, but is the best F1 driver of all time. I could watch Ronnie all say when he is on form, and winning the wild championship again after a big gap was amazing. Lewis just about pips it, and will win it again next year after he takes his 8th Championship.

Darran said:
Fury is a right tool.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/55162164

A likeable tool though...I hope he wins it.

Darran said:
Lifelong said:
A likeable tool though...I hope he wins it.

Likeable? Are you aware of the things he’s said in the past Rog? :lol:

Yes, I am.

Controversial views is one way to describe them.

But, he is a bloke who was uneducated and was virtually dragged up and has literally fought his way to the top of his sport, dispelling many of his demons along the way. I have an underlying admiration of him.

Lifelong said:
Darran said:
Likeable? Are you aware of the things he’s said in the past Rog? :lol:

Yes, I am.

Controversial views is one way to describe them.

But, he is a bloke who was uneducated and was virtually dragged up and has literally fought his way to the top of his sport, dispelling many of his demons along the way. I have an underlying admiration of him.

Fair point my friend.

Cardiffjack said:
Best_loser said:
Should be Hamilton but its a public vote and he is not that popular, even motor heads don't like him, as most of them are daily mail reading brexiters who would prefer him to be white

Tyson fury looks good value at 8/1

Maybe give it to the Mechanics and engineers who give LH an advantage over the rest of the field.

It would be interesting to have a few races in which they all had the same car, now that would be proper sport

Best_loser said:
Cardiffjack said:

It would be interesting to have a few races in which they all had the same car, now that would be proper sport
That’s why it isn’t a sport, it’s won and lost, by the designer, engineers etc.

Cardiffjack said:
Best_loser said:

That's what I meant, you could only call it a pure sport and say who was the best driver if they all had the same car

Best_loser said:
Cardiffjack said:

Almost all drivers start off in karts and single seaters that are all the same. The cream rises to the top.

Hamilton has no peers in terms of his technical understanding of the car. He can drive a few laps and knows exactly what to tell the technicians about how to improve performance and handling. Wolff has seen a few in his time and he says Hamilton is the best there has ever been in this regard. He’s where he is because he’s the best.

J_B said:
Best_loser said:

Almost all drivers start off in karts and single seaters that are all the same. The cream rises to the top.

Hamilton has no peers in terms of his technical understanding of the car. He can drive a few laps and knows exactly what to tell the technicians about how to improve performance and handling. Wolff has seen a few in his time and he says Hamilton is the best there has ever been in this regard. He’s where he is because he’s the best.

Absolutely. Of course the cars are a huge part of it, but why then is Bottas so much worse than Hamilton in an almost identical car?

Best_loser said:
Cardiffjack said:

That's what I meant, you could only call it a pure sport and say who was the best driver if they all had the same car
It’s the equivalent of having a Tour de France rider using a carbon fibre racing bike and everyone else riding a BMX.

J_B said:
Best_loser said:

That’s someone’s opinion.

Cardiffjack said:
J_B said:

That’s someone’s opinion.

Aye it is.

Someone with a lot more knowledge and experience than you.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back