• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Steve Cooper

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 1,460
Andrew - North Hill said:
It's easy to get results when you put 11 players in your own penalty area for the majority of the game. Now and again you'll get a break away or a set piece and you'll score and win 1-0.

That's what he does, and he does it well, he gets players to buy into it too, it's hard to knock the bloke's results.

But I'd rather cut my own balls off with a rusty blunt scissors, than watch my team play that way.

You weren't there when Forest disnantled us at home obviously

Vetchonian said:
You weren't there when Forest disnantled us at home obviously

I was, actually.

I don't think that day was evidence of any coaching genius on Cooper's part.

Most of Martin's two seasons in charge, opposition teams knew that if you hit that wide open space between our wingbacks and wide centre backs, you'd get loads of joy. Cooper did it that day, other teams did it loads of times before and after. Nothing special at all about that imo.

I don’t like his style but he’s taken a club from the lower reaches of the Championship and got them up and kept them up. Odds are that he’ll keep them up again.

That’s no mean feat these days.

Andrew - North Hill said:
I was, actually.

I don't think that day was evidence of any coaching genius on Cooper's part.

Most of Martin's two seasons in charge, opposition teams knew that if you hit that wide open space between our wingbacks and wide centre backs, you'd get loads of joy. Cooper did it that day, other teams did it loads of times before and after. Nothing special at all about that imo.

If I recall, Cooper said just that after they smashed us at their place. Made it clear that we were easy to beat because they knew exactly how we were going to play and that Martin wouldn't change the system.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back