• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Steve Wright

Listened to him for the first time in decades while on the road to London a few months ago. Terrible. Same show he’s been doing since the early 80s.

The best Radio One DJ back in the day didn't even know he was on Radio Two at all never mind 23 years 🤦

Didn't he have a catchphrase about fillets of fish or something 🤔

When I was an apprentice, around 1990, I’m sure he was the DJ that used to play the sad story on BBC Radio 1 on weekday mornings. All the boys used to down tools to listen to that segment religiously. Some proper heartbreakers on there 😢😢

More recently I’d often listen to his show “Serious Jockin” on the way home from work. Pretty much an ever present of my radio listening since a teen. Can’t say I’ll miss him mind 😂

Neath_Jack said:
When I was an apprentice, around 1990, I’m sure he was the DJ that used to play the sad story on BBC Radio 1 on weekday mornings. All the boys used to down tools to listen to that segment religiously. Some proper heartbreakers on there 😢😢

More recently I’d often listen to his show “Serious Jockin” on the way home from work. Pretty much an ever present of my radio listening since a teen. Can’t say I’ll miss him mind 😂

Simon Bates that was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1cha0cmnyc&ab_channel=radprog

Neath_Jack said:

First para - that was Simon Bates’s “Our Tune”.

Hasn't been the same since the sequel to Under Siege bombed.

Attachments

• It7MtFVi_400x400.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 380

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back