• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Supporters Trust Statement

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 102
  • Views: Views 21,956

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
The Trust notes the Club statement released yesterday evening regarding potential investment in our football club, and the appointment of Jake Silverstein as a director of our club. The Trust look forward to meeting with him and discussing all things Swansea City.

Last week, our Supporter Director attended a club board meeting, at which the sole topic related to the prospect of a specific amount of funds being made available to the club. While the club statement refers to investment, we should note that the proposal referred to a loan to the football club, which could potentially be converted into shares at a future date, at the discretion of Mr Silverstein. This conversion option will also apply to monies introduced by any of the current shareholders.

The Trust would like to put on record that we were not consulted on yesterday’s public statement and we had not been informed by the majority owners that any agreement had been reached. Our most recent information was that discussions were still being continued. It is disappointing that it seems an agreement has been finalised without any discussion with our representatives.

From the Trust’s perspective, we have repeatedly noted the financial challenges the club is likely to face in the coming months. Investment into the club would be beneficial. However, what would be equally beneficial would be meaningful engagement between the respective shareholding groups – engagement before director appointments are made, engagement before public statements are made and, critically, engagement to resolve the legal issues that exist between our respective groups.

The Swans Trust exists to represent the interests of our members and the Swans fans overall. One of our key aims is to secure our football club for future generations, so we cannot be against genuine investment in our football club. However, we cannot accept any act that seeks to devalue the stake that Swans fans have in our football club.

With that in mind, we have initiated contact with the majority owners so we can discuss this issue, and the other issues between us, with the aim of finding a solution that works in the interests of the club and the fans overall.

Swansea City Supporters Trust

8th August 2020

There are still some naive supporters who believe that the Americans have "invested in the Club".
That the Trust "...were not consulted on yesterday’s public statement and we had not been informed by the majority owners that any agreement had been reached" is par for the course. Of course.

I’m on record as being totally against The Trust having seats in the Directors Box to keep the enemy close to find out tittle tattle as they say.

I’m interested to know if the Supporters Director,Stuart McDonald has also been attended behind locked doors games this last couple of months.

Anyone know?

"I’m interested to know if the Supporters Director,Stuart McDonald has also been attended behind locked doors"
What Stuart does behind locked doors is none of your business!

jacabertawe said:
"I’m interested to know if the Supporters Director,Stuart McDonald has also been attended behind locked doors"
What Stuart does behind locked doors is none of your business!

In his capacity as SD as I’m a Trust member it certainly is.

The hedge fund have, and never had from day one, any intention of involving the Trust in any sort of decision making.

By allowing two trust members to attend games in the directors box is just a bit of PR on thier part.

Darran said:
I’m on record as being totally against The Trust having seats in the Directors Box to keep the enemy close to find out tittle tattle as they say.

I’m interested to know if the Supporters Director,Stuart McDonald has also been attended behind locked doors games this last couple of months.

Anyone know?

Well I’ve just been told by private message on Twitter that the Swans Trust Supporters Directors has been attending games behind closed doors.
Absolutely fucking pathetic.
The Trust has put out a statement today that they are being treated like shit by the owners but they will continue to pump out the utter bullshit that they need to keep their enemies close to hear the goss.
Like I said it’s pathetic and as a Trust member since day one I find it and Stuart all very embarrassing and shameful.

Darran said:
Darran said:

Anyone know?

Well I’ve just been told by private message on Twitter that the Swans Trust Supporters Directors has been attending games behind closed doors.
Absolutely fucking pathetic.
The Trust has put out a statement today that they are being treated like shit by the owners but they will continue to pump out the utter bullshit that they need to keep their enemies close to hear the goss.
Like I said it’s pathetic and as a Trust member since day one I find it and Stuart all very embarrassing and shameful.

What I was led to believe is, apart from players and officials, only essential staff, medical/stewards were allowed to attend matches.

I don’t know if this is confidential info or not and it can be removed if so but Stu was definitely at Middlesbrough and Reading at least. My understanding is that it was allowed as he’s a director of the club.

exiledclaseboy said:
I don’t know if this is confidential info or not and it can be removed if so but Stu was definitely at Middlesbrough and Reading at least. My understanding is that it was allowed as he’s a director of the club.

Someone else has told me he’s far too pally with Birch.

I first joined the Trust during the Petty era and unless things change drastically they can go fuck emselves.

We should really have another statement from the Trust Board next week reminding members that they still have a mandate to take legal action and that on this subject a, b and c has been done and x, y and z is going to happen.
The Trust need to be seen, and loudly heard, to be pursuing legal action and this has to be widely communicated.
We must be as blinkered and focused as we can be to get this legal action sorted.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back