• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Supporters Trust Statement

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 102
  • Views: Views 21,955
PSumbler said:
Darran said:
Hush mun or everyone will know about the perks they’re getting.

I'm not sure thetes a single perk of being a Trust board member and if there is then people managed to keep them quiet from me in so many years 😂

There are though people who stand for the board to further their CVs or believe there are peeks and they leave soon afterwards when they realise it can be hard work 🤔

Of course it's hard work; I've read enough of your statements to know and appreciate the effort that you have put in over the years.

What are your views on small remuneration for Trust board members (see my posts above)?

PSumbler said:
Darran said:
Hush mun or everyone will know about the perks they’re getting.

I'm not sure thetes a single perk of being a Trust board member and if there is then people managed to keep them quiet from me in so many years 😂

There are though people who stand for the board to further their CVs or believe there are peeks and they leave soon afterwards when they realise it can be hard work 🤔

Well going to live games when nobody else can is certainly one.

Darran said:
PSumbler said:

Going to live games isn’t a perk of being a Trust board member though.

It’s a function of being in the board of directors of the football club.

I’m not entirely certain why this is your focus rather than the Trust not being told that the club had finalised a convertible loan and new board directorship ?

On one hand people say they are concerned that the Trust board members are all about the perks and not about the serious stuff and on the other hand they focus on the perks and not on the serious stuff when discussing the Trust.

One thing that is for certain is that the incessant criticism of the Trust is hardly conducive to anyone wanting to put in the effort required, which is substantial, and thankless. You couldn’t do a better job on behalf of the Americans you say you dislike if you tried Dar. I mean that.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Badlands. Jasper on the other site. To name just two.

I saw a post from Phil in the past day or so that laid out exactly what is happening.

The problem is that people won’t accept it.

Legal process takes an age. At the moment, the legal system is backed up beyond all belief due to the impact of Covid and also the underinvestment in the system for a decade.

The Trust issued a statement yesterday. Within 24 hours of the news of the Silverstein situation. It explained exactly what had happened. The Trust was part of a board meeting to discuss the possibility of a loan being made to the club which could be converted to shares at a later date. The Trust was told discussion would continue. The club issued a statement (which described an ‘investment’ and a board seat). Is that the same thing as had been discussed ? I’m not sure anyone could definitely say.

One thing that can be definitively said is that the Trust, as the second largest shareholder and as a director of the company, should know. In advance of public statements.

As is often the case, there are more fingers pointed at the Trust for not being told than there are at the people who don’t tell them.

If this is how things proceeded, and I have no reason to doubt the statement, this is poor practice from the US shareholders.
But they have been proactive in brining new money in to the club albeit in the form of a loan. (2+2 = ??? does that mean we have exhausted the good will of banks? Is a repayment option cheaper than banks? No one local will come forward?
I have seen nothing from the Trust over the two months these talks with Silverstein have been known about new money and nothing (although I may missed a statement) from the Trust about the possibility of increasing shares since Birch and Pearlman suggested in in May 2019.
I vaguely remember a discussion on the old board and a number of posters pointing out share increase = share devaluation. Surely The Trust must have expected this situation to arise and be prepared to intervene. 21% doesn't give you veto but it gives you a big voice.
The reality of the situation is, no matter what the Trust wants it won't get unless it makes itself a presence (as Neath_Jack wrote above, 'In reality, the majority of Swans fans have no idea what the Trust is all about, or what they are trying to achieve. There are plenty more who know about the Trust but lost complete faith in them a long time ago.'
If the majority shareholders usually conduct business this way they will continue in that manner, they won't change without reason. So what is the Trust doing to make them change? Why wasn't the Trust at least up with the game if not ahead of it?
The Trust doesn't have a veto but does, I believe, have direct access to the CEO (Birch) but is it putting pressure on to get what it wants?
History suggest no it isn't.
'Fool me once shame on you, shame me twice (multiple times) shame on the Trust.'

Genuine question does The Trust have an on line presence?

Badlands said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I saw a post from Phil in the past day or so that laid out exactly what is happening.

Legal process takes an age. At the moment, the legal system is backed up beyond all belief due to the impact of Covid and also the underinvestment in the system for a decade.

The Trust issued a statement yesterday. Within 24 hours of the news of the Silverstein situation. It explained exactly what had happened. The Trust was part of a board meeting to discuss the possibility of a loan being made to the club which could be converted to shares at a later date. The Trust was told discussion would continue. The club issued a statement (which described an ‘investment’ and a board seat). Is that the same thing as had been discussed ? I’m not sure anyone could definitely say.

One thing that can be definitively said is that the Trust, as the second largest shareholder and as a director of the company, should know. In advance of public statements.

As is often the case, there are more fingers pointed at the Trust for not being told than there are at the people who don’t tell them.

If this is how things proceeded, and I have no reason to doubt the statement, this is poor practice from the US shareholders.
But they have been proactive in brining new money in to the club albeit in the form of a loan. (2+2 = ??? does that mean we have exhausted the good will of banks? Is a repayment option cheaper than banks? No one local will come forward?
I have seen nothing from the Trust over the two months these talks with Silverstein have been known about new money and nothing (although I may missed a statement) from the Trust about the possibility of increasing shares since Birch and Pearlman suggested in in May 2019.
I vaguely remember a discussion on the old board and a number of posters pointing out share increase = share devaluation. Surely The Trust must have expected this situation to arise and be prepared to intervene. 21% doesn't give you veto but it gives you a big voice.
The reality of the situation is, no matter what the Trust wants it won't get unless it makes itself a presence (as Neath_Jack wrote above, 'In reality, the majority of Swans fans have no idea what the Trust is all about, or what they are trying to achieve. There are plenty more who know about the Trust but lost complete faith in them a long time ago.'
If the majority shareholders usually conduct business this way they will continue in that manner, they won't change without reason. So what is the Trust doing to make them change? Why wasn't the Trust at least up with the game if not ahead of it?
The Trust doesn't have a veto but does, I believe, have direct access to the CEO (Birch) but is it putting pressure on to get what it wants?
'Fool me once shame on you, shame me twice (multiple times) shame on the Trust.'

Bringing money in to the club is, in my personal opinion, a good thing. The financial reality of football clubs is sobering. And we are not exempt from that. We have players we simply can’t afford. As I’ve pointed out many times.

Banks aren’t in the business at this level of convertible debt generally. And loans from banks need to be secured against assets, of which there are precious few.

No money has been introduced in to the club at any point for many, many years. As everyone knows, the only money has gone to the previous shareholders who had not introduced money themselves for many, many years. No money has been introduced until now by the current ownership.

On the ‘two months these talks have been ongoing” - first I’ve heard of it was the board meeting. I’m glad you knew two months ago. That’s exactly the way it should work.

As for the ‘known since 2019 that money was being introduced” - hmmm. Every option that could be considered has been happening at some point or other, including selling, investing, loans, shares. If every possibility is mentioned at some point, it’s easy to say ‘should have known’ if one of them happens. ‘What is the Trust doing to keep them change?’ - what do you suggest? There is legal action ongoing, public statements are made, people on here just criticise the Trust every time. There are constant conversations - nothing changes as it seems, no one cares. Why should they when people like you will just blame the Trust?

Badlands said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I think you messed up your idiom.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:

I’m not entirely certain why this is your focus rather than the Trust not being told that the club had finalised a convertible loan and new board directorship ?

On one hand people say they are concerned that the Trust board members are all about the perks and not about the serious stuff and on the other hand they focus on the perks and not on the serious stuff when discussing the Trust.

One thing that is for certain is that the incessant criticism of the Trust is hardly conducive to anyone wanting to put in the effort required, which is substantial, and thankless. You couldn’t do a better job on behalf of the Americans you say you dislike if you tried Dar. I mean that.

Lisa I’ve been a member of the Trust since day one and always been a massive supporter of them. They have now been pissed all over several times,the latest time being yesterday when they released the statement.
I know full well the serious stuff they do but it’s time to get really serious now and that should start with Stuart McDonald vacating his seat in the Directors Box and treating certain people with the contempt they deserve.
The sitting in the Directors Box is 100% a perk which can and has been used by many Trust board members over the years.
My focus is on the Trust getting their act together instead of being made to look pathetic time and time again as yesterday statement proves.

If I’m honest though I feel a bit of a tit for typing that because you knew full well what my point was before you replied.

Qui cum canibus concumbunt cum pulicibus surgent as they say in Rome.

Darran said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Lisa I’ve been a member of the Trust since day one and always been a massive supporter of them. They have now been pissed all over several times,the latest time being yesterday when they released the statement.
I know full well the serious stuff they do but it’s time to get really serious now and that should start with Stuart McDonald vacating his seat in the Directors Box and treating certain people with the contempt they deserve.
The sitting in the Directors Box is 100% a perk which can and has been used by many Trust board members over the years.
My focus is on the Trust getting their act together instead of being made to look pathetic time and time again as yesterday statement proves.

If I’m honest though I feel a bit of a tit for typing that because you knew full well what my point was before you replied.

I simply don’t give a shit any longer. I’ve spent several hours this week on calls to do with the Trust. None of which I expect anything for. But the constant attacks for nonsense bollox rather than focusing on what is important is too much.

I don’t sit in the directors box - I can’t think of anything worse. I don’t think anyone should, but others do. And it doesn’t much matter. What does matter is, yet again, being lost because of this rubbish. The Trust doesn’t stand a chance. Because people Are either griping about crap, are feeding disinformation, or are saying nonsensical stuff like ‘get them in to court NOW’ as though it was a bloody claim in the small claims court.

Everyone will get at the end what they deserve. No one will be prepared to get involved with the Trust. Good luck with it all. Still, at least there’ll be no one in the directors box eh?

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:

I simply don’t give a shit any longer. I’ve spent several hours this week on calls to do with the Trust. None of which I expect anything for. But the constant attacks for nonsense bollox rather than focusing on what is important is too much.

I don’t sit in the directors box - I can’t think of anything worse. I don’t think anyone should, but others do. And it doesn’t much matter. What does matter is, yet again, being lost because of this rubbish. The Trust doesn’t stand a chance. Because people Are either griping about crap, are feeding disinformation, or are saying nonsensical stuff like ‘get them in to court NOW’ as though it was a bloody claim in the small claims court.

Everyone will get at the end what they deserve. No one will be prepared to get involved with the Trust. Good luck with it all. Still, at least there’ll be no one in the directors box eh?

The Trust not being informed of new ‘investment’ and only finding out about it at the same time as the rest us plebs is not nonsense bollox.
I have never fed any disinformation or said nonsensical stuff to do with the Trust,in fact I have several times passed on information gained through my huge ring of associates. FACT

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:

Oh and if the Trust win the court case and sell all their shares there’ll be no one in the Directors Box then either.

Darran said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

The Trust not being informed of new ‘investment’ and only finding out about it at the same time as the rest us plebs is not nonsense bollox.
I have never fed any disinformation or said nonsensical stuff to do with the Trust,in fact I have several times passed on information gained through my huge ring of associates. FACT

Of course it’s not. So why are you talking about the directors box and whether anyone has or hasn’t gone to a game?

I didn’t say you had. Others are though, as they always do.

Darran said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Oh and if the Trust win the court case and sell all their shares there’ll be no one in the Directors Box then either.

And no one pushed for legal action more than I did, as you know.

But the Trust can do nothing about the speed at which these things move. Particularly in the current climate.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:

Of course it’s not. So why are you talking about the directors box and whether anyone has or hasn’t gone to a game?

I didn’t say you had. Others are though, as they always do.

Well the Trust don’t gain anything from sitting in the Directors Box do they so why bother?
Did Stuart gain anything from going to the recent games,in fact how did he get to the recent away games. The cuddling up to Birch and others needs to stop now as was once again proved with yesterday’s Trust statement.
Stuart might as well have MUG tattooed across his forehead.

I’ll start by saying that I like everyone want the whole saga with the pending court case sorted as soon as it can.
I’ll also say that I had doubts about renewing my Trust membership, but being given free continuation took that decision away.
Now my thoughts on whether the Trust director should attend matches in the directors box.
Stu Mc is a supporters representative of a 21% shareholder on the board and has the right to be there. Whether in his absence others can have the privilege is always open to debate.
My main thought though is if the case eventually comes to court, then I want the Trust to show that they have played by the book. To shy away from the directors box now could in my mind give a small chink that could be used against the Trust. It could be used as not keeping lines of communication open.
In the bigger picture it means very little but why take that small chance

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back