• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

SWANS TRUST NEWS: Co-opted Vacancies on Trust Board

Swans Trust News

First Team Player
Reaction score
With the results of the recent Trust Board Elections announced earlier this month here we can confirm that there are vacancies for additional co-opted members to serve on the Trust Board until...

Read more

I've been ignoring their e-mails for months, but I finally replied today, telling them I no longer wish to be a member, I won't be renewing my subscription, and to take me off the mailing list. The reason being of course their undemocratic secret agreement with the club owners.
It's a sad day for someone who has supported the club since 1965.

Pegojack said:
I've been ignoring their e-mails for months, but I finally replied today, telling them I no longer wish to be a member, I won't be renewing my subscription, and to take me off the mailing list. The reason being of course their undemocratic secret agreement with the club owners.

It's a shame, as we need an organisation like the Trust now more than ever, and I still think it can be an asset. If it isn't the Trust, we'd need something like the Trust.

It will be interesting to see how membership numbers are affected next year. I know some who will continue to be members, but many who share your view. I can certainly understand your perspective.

Uxy said:
Pegojack said:

It's a shame, as we need an organisation like the Trust now more than ever, and I still think it can be an asset. If it isn't the Trust, we'd need something like the Trust.

It will be interesting to see how membership numbers are affected next year. I know some who will continue to be members, but many who share your view. I can certainly understand your perspective.

I'm just not seeing this at all. Flogging a dead horse.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Uxy said:

For me, the need to have an organisation representing the fans is always desirable. I'd say it's absolutely critical at a time when the club is running at a considerable deficit and hoping to sell big every summer to make up for it. We've managed it this summer, but what about the next one, and the next one?

Whether the Trust, or this Trust, can be that is a valid question, but a slightly different point.

Uxy said:

Flogging a dead horse since 2011, but having the kudos to tell people how good they were when they were on it 🙄

Uxy said:

For me, the need to have an organisation representing the fans is always desirable. I'd say it's absolutely critical at a time when the club is running at a considerable deficit and hoping to sell big every summer to make up for it. We've managed it this summer, but what about the next one, and the next one?

Whether the Trust, or this Trust, can be that is a valid question, but a slightly different point.

What's this?
The Trust is dead. Long live the new Trust?

The Trust board now are as bad as the sellers.
Done the same thing to the membership as some were berating Dimwit for doing to the Trust.
Dimwit, one of the top Trust boys, excluded the Trust, probably on the orders of shagger, who I guess instigated the whole debacle.

Who "ordered" the present Trust board to ignore the members?
Haven't seen the accusations Cooze was getting, levelled at the present board that only deserve a vote of no confidence.

As much as I hate thinking and writing this...
No more cash from me to the Trust.
I believe that this shower have totally sold us down the river.

Still waiting on answers to the questions posed on the meeting announcing the capitulation.
If tweedle dumb and tweedle fuken useless were the best advisors, then the Trust should report and sue them for being grossly incompetent and in breach of the Trade description act.
Legal?
🤣

Dewi1jack said:
Uxy said:

What's this?
The Trust is dead. Long live the new Trust?

The Trust board now are as bad as the sellers.
Done the same thing to the membership as some were berating Dimwit for doing to the Trust.
Dimwit, one of the top Trust boys, excluded the Trust, probably on the orders of shagger, who I guess instigated the whole debacle.

Who "ordered" the present Trust board to ignore the members?
Haven't seen the accusations Cooze was getting, levelled at the present board that only deserve a vote of no confidence.

As much as I hate thinking and writing this...
No more cash from me to the Trust.
I believe that this shower have totally sold us down the river.

Still waiting on answers to the questions posed on the meeting announcing the capitulation.
If tweedle dumb and tweedle fuken useless were the best advisors, then the Trust should report and sue them for being grossly incompetent and in breach of the Trade description act.
Legal?
🤣

Yes, well, if you think I was defending the current board you are a little mistaken :lol:

Many of my questions remain unanswered too. I do recall Dave's comments in the SoS article where they'd asked the other parties whether could publicise the details of the agreements. Silence ever since tells us either a) that conversation didn't happen, or b) they said no. Either way, we don't even know what the Trust has signed.

A lot of the stick directed towards Coozey for the initial sale was always bollox anyway. Levien is recorded as saying that he was deliberately excluded, on the advice of the other sellers. If even the other side agrees what happened, maybe it should be accepted eh. In the end, that's not why he stood down though.

Anyway, just my view, but I wouldn't think for one second that the Trust settled based on legal advice. I had enough calls with Goodman Derrick to know that they'd give their views on legal matters but not much else. The Trust settled because the board wanted to settle. That's the beginning, middle, and end of it. And let's remember that the reason they attended the fans forum is because they were on the clock, not out of their own generousity.

While I always will have sympathy with the Trust because this was not a situation of their own making, and the duplicity of the sellers and buyers must always be remembered, they do have to own the settlement and the exclusion of the members because that was very much theirs. The radio silence ever since has been quite disgraceful.

Uxy said:

I think its a fair assumption to assume that anyone who did apply to be Co opted etc, would need to be people who agreed with everything the board said or suggested and not speak out of turn.

The fact that questions that were searching questions have been asked and haven't still not been answered Months later, speaks for itself.

I‘m a Cardi through and through and used to scratch the Swans results into Aberporth beach as a kid back in the 70‘ies. DD needs to hang his head in shame.

Longlostjack said:
I‘m a Cardi through and through and used to scratch the Swans results into Aberporth beach as a kid back in the 70‘ies. DD needs to hang his head in shame.

Do you know him well?

Longlostjack said:
Chief said:
Do you know him well?

Not at all Chief but had my doubts from the start. HJ invitation etc.

That was / certain a red flag.

As was (as far as I know) no contact to the previous Trust board for a while (remember Silversteins 'above my pay grade' comment?), yet suddenly overtures and contact is made very early on with the new board. I find that all very suspicious.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back