• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

SWANS TRUST NEWS: Co-opted Vacancies on Trust Board

All a bit odd but at the end of the day it stinks. What next? They’ve sold out imo so is the Trust now irrelevant? Probably. They need to get what they deserve though. Vote of no confidence and get rid ? How many votes would that need?

Chief said:
Longlostjack said:
Not at all Chief but had my doubts from the start. HJ invitation etc.

That was / certain a red flag.

As was (as far as I know) no contact to the previous Trust board for a while (remember Silversteins 'above my pay grade' comment?), yet suddenly overtures and contact is made very early on with the new board. I find that all very suspicious.

That's not quite how it was. I spoke to Silverstein in early July last year, although it was pretty clear we were miles apart in terms of the dispute. We certainly had no contact from the sellouts though .. total radio silence until August.

Funnily enough, the promises of converting his loans into equity don't seem to have come to pass. Regardless of anything else, this is always why it was critical that any settlement had everything nailed down, rather than relying on trust. A shame really, he talked a good game, but actions always speak loudeer than words.

I don't think everyone should be focusing on DD specifically in all this though. He may be Chair, but it's just one vote in 11 or so. There will be others feeding into that process who may have even have had more sway or input. Fact is we don't know what discussions took place, which is a part of the problem. This isn't to defend anyone, and frankly I'm not really inclined to do so given what's gone on, but it is the reality of it.

Chief said:
Did the current chairman only get co-opted? Never actually voted on?

He's currently an elected board member. Albeit there wasn't actually an election due to lack of candidates, which has been a problem for as long as I can remember.

Uxy said:
Chief said:

As was (as far as I know) no contact to the previous Trust board for a while (remember Silversteins 'above my pay grade' comment?), yet suddenly overtures and contact is made very early on with the new board. I find that all very suspicious.

That's not quite how it was. I spoke to Silverstein in early July last year, although it was pretty clear we were miles apart in terms of the dispute. We certainly had no contact from the sellouts though .. total radio silence until August.

Funnily enough, the promises of converting his loans into equity don't seem to have come to pass. Regardless of anything else, this is always why it was critical that any settlement had everything nailed down, rather than relying on trust. A shame really, he talked a good game, but actions always speak loudeer than words.

I don't think everyone should be focusing on DD specifically in all this though. He may be Chair, but it's just one vote in 11 or so. There will be others feeding into that process who may have even have had more sway or input. Fact is we don't know what discussions took place, which is a part of the problem. This isn't to defend anyone, and frankly I'm not really inclined to do so given what's gone on, but it is the reality of it.

OK thanks for laying out what happened.

Uxy said:
Chief said:

Funnily enough, the promises of converting his loans into equity don't seem to have come to pass. Regardless of anything else, this is always why it was critical that any settlement had everything nailed down, rather than relying on trust. A shame really, he talked a good game, but actions always speak louder than words.

"I spoke to Silverstein in early July last year, although it was pretty clear we were miles apart in terms of the dispute. We certainly had no contact from the sellouts though .. total radio silence until August."

That speaks volumes in itself, Silverstein is the guardian angel according to some particularly one from a village in Neath, the same one reckons there's no debt at SCFC because of a factious belief that there's been a CLN deal done, the current trust board have obviously signed an unworkable NDA they must have and covering their tracks by saying, time was running out see, pathetic it really is, it seems that there's more than a few who are friendly with sellers and now owners, all smiles and kisses etc.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back