• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

SWANS TRUST NEWS: Trust Statement on Swansea City’s Latest Accounts

Written/Approved by the owners no doubt. Or worse, what they thought would be wanted. They disgust me.

“We have asked and will continue to ask important questions”.

“Will the cranberry and Brie sandwiches be available to those in the director’s box this week as well as the usual prawn?”

“All of us on the Trust board have been doing our exercises and we’re sure we will be able to adopt positions where we can get our tongues even further up your asses next season”.

So the Trust have meekly given up on the club being completely sustainable and managing to live within its means

There will be many that agree with the need of investment but - given there has yet to be any to date - not sure why they keep peddling that word when all we have at the moment is money lent to the club (that they decided would be converted because "Jake told us") and money in the pockets of the first band of sellouts.

The fact that the club lost money last year when you factor in the sale of Rodon and the loans from Silverstien and the rest is a real concern but all we get from the organisation tasked with governance is this weak statement that would have been approved by the club before its release.

And the silence from them on all their platforms remains noticeable.

There was talk on the facebook group of a vote of no confidence,not sure why!

PSumbler said:
So the Trust have meekly given up on the club being completely sustainable and managing to live within its means

There will be many that agree with the need of investment but - given there has yet to be any to date - not sure why they keep peddling that word when all we have at the moment is money lent to the club (that they decided would be converted because "Jake told us") and money in the pockets of the first band of sellouts.

The fact that the club lost money last year when you factor in the sale of Rodon and the loans from Silverstien and the rest is a real concern but all we get from the organisation tasked with governance is this weak statement that would have been approved by the club before its release.

And the silence from them on all their platforms remains noticeable.

There was talk on the facebook group of a vote of no confidence,not sure why!

It's all too late now Phil, that's the real damage. This is all irreversible. All influence, safeguards and backstops carelessly tossed away by...well...careless tossers.

Some things aren't irreversible though, particularly just trotting out the company line. The Trust has, or at least had, a large amount of soft power amongst the fans that it could use to influence decisions within the club. That could potentially be retrieved, but not without something of a clear out.

The fact our Trust is calling the previous loan an investment, actively advocating for future ones, and seems to think that we should spend whatever it takes to be competitive and to hell with the consequences, is just bizarre and so far away from its original aims it's untrue.

And still no sign of that Silverstein conversion. Can't imagine why. I do wonder how much else is being borrowed, given we're clearly running at a considerable deficit this season (despite the Trust statement implying that costs were reined in last summer).

Uxy said:
Some things aren't irreversible though, particularly just trotting out the company line. The Trust has, or at least had, a large amount of soft power amongst the fans that it could use to influence decisions within the club. That could potentially be retrieved, but not without something of a clear out.

The fact our Trust is calling the previous loan an investment, actively advocating for future ones, and seems to think that we should spend whatever it takes to be competitive and to hell with the consequences, is just bizarre and so far away from its original aims it's untrue.

And still no sign of that Silverstein conversion. Can't imagine why. I do wonder how much else is being borrowed, given we're clearly running at a considerable deficit this season (despite the Trust statement implying that costs were reined in last summer).

I thought that straight after I posted Ux, but couldn't raise the energy to amend it. It could still be an effective pressure group if run and organised properly, but I think that horse has probably bolted as well. I think members are more likely to desert in droves rather than effective and talented people stay and stand, leaving the field clear for the prawn sandwich brigade to praise, smarm, grovel and hobnob. The only people that would join and run would be likely of similar mind. Puffed up nobodies.

monmouth said:
Uxy said:

I thought that straight after I posted Ux, but couldn't raise the energy to amend it. It could still be an effective pressure group if run and organised properly, but I think that horse has probably bolted as well. I think members are more likely to desert in droves rather than effective and talented people stay and stand, leaving the field clear for the prawn sandwich brigade to praise, smarm, grovel and hobnob. The only people that would join and run would be likely of similar mind. Puffed up nobodies.

Getting people to stand has long been an issue, especially the sorts you'd want to stand.

And I say this from a position of having absolutely no intention of getting involved again.

"further investment". That's impossible without there having been an initial investment.

Why is the supporters trust lying to the supporters?

Chief said:
"further investment". That's impossible without there having been an initial investment.

Why is the supporters trust lying to the supporters?

Because they work for the yanks nowadays don't ya know...

That’s pathetic fair play.

It’s the opposite of ‘continuing to ask hard questions’.

The sad reality is that there is probably no one that knows enough to ask anything let alone understand the answers.

People have been asking the Trust board questions now for months (not least why so many details of the deal they announced appear to be very different to how they were described and it was crap in the first place) and they simply refuse to answer. They probably don’t understand what’s being asked.

I see absolutely no point in remaining a member. I certainly will not renew this summer.

I understand Andy’s point of view but they have had every chance to attempt at least to fulfil at least some of their duties and simply refuse to do so.

It would be interesting to see how they manage to advertise their importance if they end up with no members.

I hope they need to find out.

To me it shouts out - oh I suppose we need to issue a comment. It only needs to be brief so let's just paraphrase what the club statement says. Job done.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back